fuck my thinking emoji doesnt work
Started by Communism

152 posts in this topic
Communism
Gay

804 posts 34 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-27-2017, 01:48 PM -
GENESIS
Okay so I wanted to try something like David's "The Vigilante" topic, a text based game adventure thing or whatever.  This is going to be a game about spaceship battles and stuff like that, so if you wish to join please go ahead.  I'll try to respond as quickly as possible for new posts and actions.

⌢⌣⌢Modifiers⌢⌣⌢

Combat - Luck
r6 - A dice with 6 sides will be rolled to determine damage.
r10 - A dice with 10 sides will be rolled to determine damage.
r20 - A dice with 20 sides will be rolled to determine damage.
Logical - Actions will be logical, a paperclip cannot kill a tank.

Combat - Commands
I'm only joking - Commands can be voided if you realize that it was a not intelligent move, and joke commands will not be taken (Ram your burning ship into the planet to kill everyone!!!!!!!)
Wait, that wasn't smart - Commands can be voided but jokes will be taken literally.
I'm being serious - All commands will be taken literally and commands can't be voided.

Combat - Difficulty
Recruit - Enemies will barely do any damage if any.
Easy - Enemies may do moderate damage, breaches and fires in ships will have a small chance to be caused.
Medium - Enemies will do moderate to heavy damage, breaches and fires in ships will have a medium chance to be caused, damage is increased by 25% for enemies, enemy health increased by 10%.
Hard - Enemies will do tons of damage, breaches and fires are most likely to occur, damage is increased by 50% for enemies, enemy health increased by 25%.
Insane - Enemies will most likely annihilate you, breaches and fires are going to happen almost every time you get shot, damage is increased by 75%, enemy health increased by 50%.

Combat - Enemy Information
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Know everything about your enemy, how much damage they do, weapon charge times, etcetera.
Stalker - Know enemy health, weapons, hull damage, and see fires and breaches on enemy ships without upgrades to let you do so.
Secretive - Know enemy health and hull damage.
Bluff - Know nothing about the enemy.

Combat - Enemy Priority
Target Me - You will be targeted for attacks over your allies.
Who needs allies? - Allies will be targeted over you.
Focus fire on all ships! - Attacks will be spread evenly among allies and you.

Combat - Options
Multiple choice - You will be given options to answer from.
What do we do? - You must make a decision on your own for what to do.

Re-spawns
Déjà vu - Re-spawn right where you left off with full memory and recollection of what happened.
Backtrack - You spawn right before the battle or action that killed you.
CheckpointRe-spawn at a checkpoint.
Perma-Death - You do not re-spawn, unless you decide to restart your adventure.

Ship Choice
Window shopping - Know everything about a ship before you pick it.
What's this one do? - Have no idea what a ship does and has when it is chosen.
What ships? - Your ships will be chosen for you.

Friendly Interactions
Well received - Most people like your character, no matter what she or he does.
Streamed - Your reputation depends on what you do in battle, if you don't let someone surrender or you do horrific tactics you will be disliked.
You are Hitler - Nobody likes you and your reputation is irreparable.

Shops
Mall - An assortment of 7 items for weapons, crew, augments, etcedera.  Fuel, missiles, and drone parts will be more abundant.  Everything costs a lot less.
Supermarket - 5 items for anything being sold.  Fuel, missiles, and drone parts will be plentiful.  Everything costs a bit less than average.
Store - 3 items for augments, weapons, crew, and anything else.  Fuel, missiles and drone parts will be at an average amount.  Everything costs a normal price.
Lemonade Stand - 1 item sold for augments, weapons, crew, and drones.  Fuel, missiles, and drone parts will be scarce.  Everything will cost a high price.

Deaths
Brain Damage - Be told exactly what you did wrong and skip where you went wrong.
Drop a hint - Be given a hint to what you did wrong.
Wait what happened? - Figure out what you did wrong on your own.
⌢⌣⌢⌣⥀⥁⌢⌣⌢⌣
Current Players
-Skeletal
-The Genghis Khan

⌢⌣⌢⌣⥀⥁⌢⌣⌢⌣
The story so far
Nothing yet

⌢⌣⌢⌣⥀⥁⌢⌣⌢⌣
Changelog
-8/3/17, added current players, story so far, changelog, game is ready to start once again

This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 09:04 AM by Communism. Edit Reason: view changelog
Я женщина.
sherif

153 posts 12 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-27-2017, 04:12 PM -
Logical
Wait, that wasn't smart
Medium
Secretive
Focus fire on all ships!
Multiple Choice
Backtrack
Window Shopping
Well received
Supermarket
To the town of Agua Fria rode a sherif one fine day
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-27-2017, 06:01 PM -
Logical
Wait, that wasn't smart
Easy
Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
Focus fire on all ships!
Multiple choice
Back track
What ships?
Streamed
Mall
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.
Skeletal¹²³™

538 posts 16 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-28-2017, 05:07 AM -
Logical
I'm being serious
Insane (yes)
Secretive
Focus fire on all ships!
Multiple choice
Déjà vu
What ships?
Streamed
Store
Thank you for understanding why we did this and we hope to see all of you following the rules to keep this place a very safe environment.
-Gauche
Communism
Gay

02-28-2017, 05:33 AM -
(02-27-2017, 04:12 PM)Mad Hops Disease Wrote: Logical
Wait, that wasn't smart
Medium
Secretive
Focus fire on all ships!
Multiple Choice
Backtrack
Window Shopping
Well received
Supermarket

Chapter 1:  The Warship
You wake up like any other day, inside Genesis's brand new warship, the "Stellam Matutinam."  Today it's time for you to pick your brand new ship!

You walk to the hangar of the behemoth of a ship.  You look at all the ships there, small craft meant for boarding the ships, and frigates half a mile long, up to cruisers twice that size.  The dark golden colors look great on the smooth surfaces of the cruisers.

You walk over to a panel with multiple ships available for purchase.  You take a gander at them.

Your choices for ships:

The Kestrel, a small re-purposed craft that was used for moving civilians and cargo around, now used for military battles.  It has reliable weapons that can take down a shielded ship easily.
Weapons:  Burst Laser Mark II, fires 3 shots of a laser that can pierce enemy hull and needs 2 reactor power to run, Artemis Missile launcher, fires an ordinary missile but a bit faster, uses one missile and needs 1 reactor power to run, can pierce shields.

The Corvette, a slim curved spacecraft used for military transport.  It is a glass cannon, dealing enough damage to take down one ship in one volley of its weapons, but can easily be breached and torn apart.
Weapons:  2x Flak Cannons, fires a wave of debris to tear through enemy hull, requires 2 power to run each gun, 2x Plasma Autocannons, fires a volley of small canisters of plasma, requires 3 power to run each, and 2x Railguns, sends a super fast chunk of metal towards the enemy ship, needs 1 power to run. 

The Mini-Cruiser, based off the cruisers you've seen in the hangar, but a lot smaller.  They have some sort of super weapon that can tear through shields and hull, but takes very long to charge up (3 turns in battle).  They don't have great weapons, but it does have a good defense and an adequate offense.
Weapons:  4x Explosive Plasma Autocannons, fires a volley of plasma that can only shatter shields, requires 1 power to run each.  2x Anti-Ship Battery, a super-weapon that can decimate ships, requires 5 power to run both weapons.

Note: I'll be doing different chapters depending on what you choose, so if you choose a harder difficulty you might have a different story.

(02-27-2017, 06:01 PM)The Hoff Wrote: Logical
Wait, that wasn't smart
Easy
Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
Focus fire on all ships!
Multiple choice
Back track
What ships?
Streamed
Mall

Chapter 1:  The Scavengers
After completing a siege on a horrible group known as the Scavengers, you make your way back to the Genesis Warship, "Stellam Matutinam."  You chat with crew-members and your friends on board before you suddenly hear a muffled thud.  Then 5 thuds, then a large bang and 7 thuds before a chunk of flak tears into the wing of the cruiser you are in.

A large chunk of people are flung out before bulkheads slam shut to prevent cargo or people dying.  A tan interceptor appears through a view-port.  Scavengers!  You rush to the weapons before they can shoot you down, but you hear a large metallic thud somewhere near the cockpit.

When you pass by the cockpit, the door is slammed shut and the pilot is on the floor bleeding severely, his arm missing.

What do you do?
A. Force open the door and try to get him to safety
B. Force open the door and give him medical attention
C. Scan the ship for intruders and alert medical crew that he is bleeding
D. Go to the weapons and shoot the Scavengers down

(02-28-2017, 05:07 AM)Skeletal¹²³™ Wrote: Logical
I'm being serious
Insane (yes)
Secretive
Focus fire on all ships!
Multiple choice
Déjà vu
What ships?
Streamed
Store

chatper uno; the death
You wake up and suddenly the warship explodes

I'm kidding

Chapter One:  The Surprise
You wake up at about 12 AM UTC, orbiting the planet Odyn Alpha X998.  You are in the old model of the Genesis Warship, the "Spiritus Draconis."  You walk to your position on-board, sensors.  To be honest, with a spacecraft as big as this, you are really lucky to have this job.  Being a mechanic in the hangar or manning weapons or one of the hundreds of Anti-Craft turrets would be nice, but sensors is a great place to start.

You arrive in sensors, a few sandwiches and coffee sitting on a nice titanium plate.  You look at the hundreds of screens and lean back, thinking this is just going to be a regular day, but that could not get any more wrong.

At about 17 PM UTC,  sensors warn of an incoming ship.  Unidentified and it's tan and maroon.  Rumors about people named the Scavengers had spread around the ship before, people with tan and red ships, they commit genocide, they raze cities, they rape, they arson, they cause utter chaos.  They have a special hatred for Genesis though, they like to keep the worst stuff for them.  You activate alarms and send out battle station orders.

Muffled thuds are heard around the ship, shields keep going down from enemy fire.  A large explosion and a quick hiss is heard on the floor above.  Breach.  Suddenly an ion blast hits the generator, all lights go out.  The air feels light, the generator going down must have shut down O2.  Backup reserves come online, but not before shields are hit badly.  Someone must have boarded into shields and started a fire or bombed it.  Flak cannons fire at ships passing too close, and most get taken out.  There is way more than just 1 ship, there is about 50 now swarming the ship.  28 have been shot down already.

Screams and shouts are heard every where, blood on the floors and sparks and fires everywhere.  Smoke fills the air of the ship.  You start running to the hangar quickly.

You arrive at the hangar to see about 3 men in black and red spacesuits taking out handcannons and blasting people in the head.  You scan around to see if there is anything on the ground, you need to get out of this ship before the entire thing explodes.

After a quick look you find an injured prison guard, he's wearing a torn up Titanium and Depleted Uranium vest, with a Class III Shield bubble on the ground deactivated.  He's holding onto a automatic slug shotgun like its the only thing he'll ever see again.  Probably because it is.  He's bleeding really badly from his left leg, hopefully he can live long enough to get medical help.

What do you do?
A. Help the prison guard and prepare to fight.
B. Ask the prison guard for his items and start shooting at the men.
C. Get medical help and find a weapon somewhere else.
D. Run for a ship and escape.
E. Go to an escape pod and blast off.

-----

PLEASE NOTE:  If you guys want to get together in this game, that is possible.  Modifiers will need to be agreed on before you start.
ANOTHER NOTE:  I'll try to get some pictures up soon.  I'm probably going to build the ships in Blockland as I already have 2 of the 3 built from my MERPs.
i lied im lazy as fuck lol
This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 09:03 PM by Communism. Edit Reason: Added notes
Я женщина.
The Hoff

02-28-2017, 08:41 AM -
C......

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Communism
Gay

02-28-2017, 08:59 AM -
(02-28-2017, 08:41 AM)The Hoff Wrote: C

You tell the medical crew that he is bleeding and go with them to search the room before the rest of the ship.  When you open the door, a robot appears from around the corner and opens fire into the medical crew.

An injured medic crawls out of the door before dying, he drops a small plasma SMG.

Liam is dead.

Enemy 1: Unknown Robot
Weapons:  Battle Rifle (20), Fists (5), Grenade (45)
Armor:  Titanium System Casing
Equipment:  Teleporter, Plasma Cutter (10 if used in combat)
Vanity:  Sleek Body Casing, Black Paint
Attributes:  Immune to EMPs, Ion damage, and Hacking
Health:  100/100

Ally 1: James [Pilot] (DYING)
Weapons:  None
Armor:  TitanUrani Vest
Equipment:  Nothing
Vanity:  Dull gold jumpsuit
Attributes:  Nothing
Health:  20/100 (Losing 10 per turn from blood loss)

Ally 2: Liam [Medic] (DEAD)
Weapons:  None
Equipment:  Med-pack, Syringe
Vanity:  White jumpsuit
Attributes:  Nothing
Health: 0/100

Ally 3:  Hailey [Medic]
Weapons:  Handcannon
Equipment:  Med-pack, Syringe
Vanity:  White jumpsuit
Attributes:  In cover, attacks will be less effective
Health: 90/100

What do you do?
A. Run for cover
B. Grab the SMG and start firing
C. Try and get the pilot healed while chaos ensues
D. Other, explain.
This post was last modified: 02-28-2017, 09:20 AM by Communism. Edit Reason: Forgot descriptions of characters smh
Я женщина.
Communism
Gay

02-28-2017, 10:15 AM -
Deaths modifier added, please add this to your modifiers post.

Thanks for 3 players, hoping this will turn out fun.
Я женщина.
The Hoff

02-28-2017, 05:25 PM -
(02-28-2017, 10:15 AM)I Wrote: Deaths modifier added, please add this to your modifiers post.

Thanks for 3 players, hoping this will turn out fun.

Death modifier: What what happened?

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
sherif

153 posts 12 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-28-2017, 06:03 PM -
Take The Kestrel
To the town of Agua Fria rode a sherif one fine day