Poll: What project should I try to finish first, given time?
This poll is closed.
Government vs Rebels
33.33%
2 33.33%
Trench TDM
16.67%
1 16.67%
Other (list)
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What should I host? [see poll]
Started by The Hoff

12 posts in this topic
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-09-2017, 07:53 PM -
more details about each idea will come later. 

Basically: 

Government vs rebels, using the Isla de Bloque map

Govt has 2 bases (a regular base and a "special forces" base); rebels has one, a giant city (split into two control point zones that is already captured by rebels to balance the two govt spawns and their control points). 

One team must take over some portion of the map (not decided yet) to win. Anyone in a team can teleport from spawn to any point they control. The only exception is: Government can go to one base from the other regardless of rebel control of the destination.

Both teams have vastly different arsenals. For example, Rebels may have stronger guns than the Government, but their simple RPGs and grenade launchers are no match for the government's guided missile launchers or guided mortars.

Current progress: Some control points are put in and fully evented, especially the spawn points, but others aren't. 

If there is high demand: I can host the gamemode, but with only some of the planned control points, such as the spawn points and whatever points are fully evented at the time of hosting (i.e., can function, and can be teleported to from either spawn). 

4-team Trench TDM 

your typical trench ctf/capture-point tdm

There is a shop containing about every weapon of Tier+Tactical and Frog's, as well as some other nifty items like GCat's armor, disguise kits, invisibility cloaks, and more. However, if a lot of people demand it, I can simplify the shop (i.e removing weapons that function similarly to others) or switch to a different version entirely like classes, a loadout for every player ("common loadout"), or some weapons to pick from for free ("free-weapons").

Current progress: complex shop not yet done (pistols, melee, small autos done, and that's about it), simple shop is ready for use, class concepts have been made but not implemented in any version of this project, and there is a "free-weapon" version ready. Two maps are available: sky islands, and underground.

If there is high demand: I will host a simple-shop edition, a free-weapons edition, or a common-loadout editon.
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.
The Hoff

02-11-2017, 10:47 AM -
So two people voted for Other. Pad and Pro, please post what you want.

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Skeletal¹²³™

538 posts 16 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-11-2017, 12:01 PM -
shoe rp!!!!
Thank you for understanding why we did this and we hope to see all of you following the rules to keep this place a very safe environment.
-Gauche
The Hoff

02-12-2017, 12:14 AM -
(02-11-2017, 12:01 PM)Skeletal¹²³™ Wrote: shoe rp!!!!

yea no.

I have a shitton of TDM projects....

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Skeletal¹²³™

538 posts 16 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-12-2017, 07:35 AM -
Fine.
I'll choose Government vs rebels.
Thank you for understanding why we did this and we hope to see all of you following the rules to keep this place a very safe environment.
-Gauche
The Hoff

02-12-2017, 11:15 AM -
(02-12-2017, 07:35 AM)Skeletal¹²³™ Wrote: Fine.
I'll choose Government vs rebels.

or have a serious suggestion for Other

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
A-Spec

128 posts 20 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-12-2017, 11:20 AM -
GvR. That is just good. Make sure both teams have bases though, so both teams have the same objective. To take over and wipe out the opposing team.
-Patrick Star
The Hoff

02-12-2017, 12:51 PM -
(02-12-2017, 11:20 AM)A-Spec Wrote: GvR. That is just good. Make sure both teams have bases though, so both teams have the same objective. To take over and wipe out the opposing team.

Rebels has some random building in the biggest city of the map, which is ALREADY in their control at the early-game.

Government has two military bases, a regular base isolated on an island, and a smaller, "special forces" base located smack down in the middle of the map.

[Image: OyixWsP.png]

- Circles are regular points
- Squares are spawns
- green points are controlled by the Government by default
- orange points are controlled by the Rebels by default

So each team starts with 2 control points by default. 2 out of 13 points (spawns included).

Question is: should the winning condition be control of 7 (about a half), 10 (about 3/4ths, aka all points except spawns), or 13 (every single point)? I believe it should be 7.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Communism
Gay

804 posts 34 threads Joined: Jan 2017
02-15-2017, 08:11 PM -
(02-12-2017, 12:51 PM)The Hoff Wrote: Rebels has some random building in the biggest city of the map, which is ALREADY in their control at the early-game.

Government has two military bases, a regular base isolated on an island, and a smaller, "special forces" base located smack down in the middle of the map.

-snip-

- Circles are regular points
- Squares are spawns
- green points are controlled by the Government by default
- orange points are controlled by the Rebels by default

So each team starts with 2 control points by default. 2 out of 13 points (spawns included).

Question is: should the winning condition be control of 7 (about a half), 10 (about 3/4ths, aka all points except spawns), or 13 (every single point)? I believe it should be 7.

10 sounds about right.
Maybe 9, its about in the middle of 10 and 7.
It seems really interesting though, you should host it.
If you wanted you could make it so there is a shop so people have to play to get the weapons which would be interesting, and both teams have different weapons
This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 08:14 PM by Communism.
Я женщина.
The Hoff

02-15-2017, 09:30 PM -
(02-15-2017, 08:11 PM)I Wrote: 10 sounds about right.
Maybe 9, its about in the middle of 10 and 7.
It seems really interesting though, you should host it.
If you wanted you could make it so there is a shop so people have to play to get the weapons which would be interesting, and both teams have different weapons

I am planning to not have shops in the GvR gamemode. Both teams will have armories (1 for rebels, 2 for government) with a shitton of free weapons and equipment instead.

And yes, both teams have different weapons.

(Using Tier+Tactical) The rebels have the old-looking, powerful, weapons like "Classic Battle Rifle", "Classic Pistol", "Single Shotgun", RPGs, and Grenade Launchers, while the Government team has more modern-looking (although mostly weaker, from extensive testing of the T+T weapons while working on Trench Wars) guns ("Service Assault Rifle", "Modern Pistol", "Riot Shotgun" as an example) and "guided mortars"

also I think Slayer only lets you do fractions for Territory gamemodes (Ex: require 1/2, 3/4, 7/8, etc. of points captured to win), but maybe I should check again.
This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 09:33 PM by The Hoff. Edit Reason: argued about points

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.