Map Making Support - Jailbreak Installation
Started by Ostinyo

8 posts in this topic
Ostinyo
Super Admin

383 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
04-19-2017, 02:14 PM -
Want to make a map, but aren't sure what Add-Ons Jailbreak uses? We've made it easier for you by providing a Blockland installation made specifically for Jailbreak development.
Note: This is for Windows users only and you must have a Blockland key (Steam does not provide this)

Download the zipped Blockland folder here.
Update 4/23/17: Removed extra Add-Ons, config folder now included

Installation Instructions
1. Extract the zipped file to your desired install location.

2. For those unaware of how to run an extra copy of Blockland, this launcher folder may serve as a reference. Otherwise, skip this step and run it on your own.
  • Extract the zip and right click on the Blockland - Jailbreak shortcut and go to Properties
  • Set the target to be
    Code:
    "...\BlocklandLauncher.exe" -profilePath "...\Blockland Jailbreak"
    where "...\BlocklandLauncher.exe" refers to the path of the launcher executable in your launcher folder and "...\Blockland Jailbreak" refers to the path of the Jailbreak installation (adjust if you renamed the folder)
  • Set the start in folder to also be the path to your Jailbreak installation folder

[Image: vG8SyxQ.png]

3. Run the shortcut (Blockland - Jailbreak for those using my template launch folder) which will then start the launcher for this Blockland installation.

4. Wait for the launcher to download all of the Blockland files and then write them to cache.db the first time you run the shortcut.

[Image: p4dsnnM.png]
Note: If you ever run into launcher errors such as "Could not find file base/x. Please verify your internet connection and try again." simply delete cache.db from the installation folder.

5. Once Blockland opens, input your authentication key when prompted. (New Steam users without a key can purchase one from Amazon if they want)

[Image: skOszqK.png]

6. Launch a custom game with all of the provided Add-Ons enabled (should already be selected).

Please let me know if you run into trouble using this installation of Blockland. The template launcher folder provided was made quickly based on my own, so post below if you can't get it working.
This post was last modified: 05-10-2017, 05:11 PM by Ostinyo.
The Genghis Khan
Shitposter

697 posts 48 threads Joined: Jan 2017
04-20-2017, 10:44 AM -
dankeschön

ᠻᠬᠡᠷᠡᠤ ᠲᠠ ᠲᠡᠨᠡᠭ ᠪᠠᠢᠨᠠ
hi there
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
04-23-2017, 01:37 PM -
you forgot modern war battles
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

04-23-2017, 01:40 PM -
Eh that was left out on purpose. I can put it back in in case you need to test sniper jumping or something I guess.
The Hoff

04-23-2017, 01:41 PM -
also instructions still unclear. How do you find all this target shit in the Properties menu on Windows 10?

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

04-23-2017, 01:42 PM -
Right click shortcut, click "Properties". It should start at the Shortcut tab which specifies the target and start in location.
The Hoff

04-23-2017, 01:42 PM -
(04-23-2017, 01:40 PM)Ostinyo Wrote: Eh that was left out on purpose. I can put it back in in case you need to test sniper jumping or something I guess.

well I have it, and the download for the weapon pack is at the second link of this thread's OP in case anyone needs it

also the target field for the shortcut tab says "C:\Users\[NAME]\Downloads\Blockland Jailbreak.zip" not "C:\Blockland Launcher\BlocklandLauncher.exe" -profilePath "C:\Blockland Jailbreak" or anything similar. Uh?

Yea, please make better instructions with pictures and everything.
This post was last modified: 04-23-2017, 01:47 PM by The Hoff.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

04-23-2017, 01:46 PM -
It's already been added, thanks though

I updated the folder with the config folder now provided, should be easier to get started with now.
This post was last modified: 04-23-2017, 02:35 PM by Ostinyo.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

05-10-2017, 04:58 PM -
(04-23-2017, 01:42 PM)The Hoff Wrote: also the target field for the shortcut tab says "C:\Users\[NAME]\Downloads\Blockland Jailbreak.zip" not  "C:\Blockland Launcher\BlocklandLauncher.exe" -profilePath "C:\Blockland Jailbreak" or anything similar. Uh?

Yea, please make better instructions with pictures and everything.

Sorry I didn't read that earlier. I've updated it to reflect what it should look like when you download it. Just change it to match the "launcher folder's BlocklandLauncher.exe" -profilePath "jailbreak folder" format.