If a fleshed out RP(G) popped up, would you play it?
Started by Communism

2 posts in this topic
Communism
Gay

804 posts 34 threads Joined: Jan 2017
05-08-2017, 11:13 AM -
banned for crossposting
/title
if someone hosted a RP with RPG elements, would you play it, and if so, what time period do you think it would be at for you to play it?
Я женщина.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

383 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
05-08-2017, 02:44 PM -
You can just link to the blf thread

"An RP with RPG elements", so an RP or and RPG? I would play a good RPG but they're a whole lot of work. Unlike TDMs and other quicker game types, in an RPG the environment needs to be expansive and immersive in order to keep players entertained, and you have to provide a larger amount of different things to do. Not to dissuade you from getting creative- by all means go for it, that's the fun of Blockland. I've made multiple RPGs that never got around to being put to actual use (cough, Hogwarts), but it's a lot of fun to make nonetheless. Asking questions like whether people will play it is rather pointless until a solid concept has been fleshed out and if you can practically get the thing made.

/rant
But for RP/RPG suggestions I prefer space or medieval settings. Stuff like modern city and old western themes are beaten to death and not as fun imo. Make sure you give consideration to what weapons/vehicles BL has available, since some settings have far more Add-Ons made for them than others.
The Genghis Khan
Shitposter

697 posts 48 threads Joined: Jan 2017
05-09-2017, 10:13 AM -
der RPG ist tot
hi there