Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tips for new players
Started by Padillac

7 posts in this topic
Padillac

103 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2017
Exclamation  06-10-2017, 09:52 PM -
The first thing EVERY new player should do is /terms and /rules. If you do not you will be banned for any rule you break.

The most important command to know (in my opinion) is /lr. So many times in my 600+ hours on this server people have asked what/how do you do a lr. 
/lr or Last Request is a death match or a game that you get to pick because you are the last prisoner alive. 
How navigate the last request menu?: For windows users or people with numpads: Just use the simple building controls to navigate the menu. 
Mac users(Like me Wink): You will have to go into the controls and change your controls and change them to navigate the menu. For example: Go to options/click controls/scroll down to building/change plant brick to whatever you want(For me it's return) With plant brick it will be the button that you press to choose the lr/Next to actually be able scroll through the menu you will use the "chat pageup and down" (located in communication. For me it's u and j)/Now you're all set have fun!

If you have 1-12 hours
You should really pay attention to the staff team and the players who have been playing for a long time. 
Also some important commands to learn as a newer player are, /tp or /timeplayed (to check your time played) and /a to contact the staff team if you are rdmed or don't know why you died. 
If you were rdmed: Don't freak out and scream in chat that you were rdmed. type /a (with a reason why you should be revived) and we will look into it and either revive you or tell you why your death was valid.
Some good terms to know
Afk freeze: You cannot move at all. All you are allowed to do is type. "Do not move" and all variations thereof are considered commands to AFK Freeze. Stationary animations such as typing and "moonwalking" do not break AFK Freeze.
Freeze: Do not move, crouch, or jump. You may look around, punch, type, emote, etc.
Free roam: Do anything. You can stand still if you want
Stack: Stack with your fellow prisoners
Ar: Auto rebel
Last request(/lr): Look up for more info 
lr: Last reaction
fr: First reaction
Kos: Kill on sight, get's overwritten by the next command warden gives

Once you're a guard
Things that you should know by now: You should have a pretty good understanding of the rules by now. Know the basis of being a guard because have been watching the guards. 
Please read the rules again to have an even better understanding of the guard rules/rules of the server.
Also start watching the how the wardens play because you're a couple hours away from being able to warden.
Last thing before you're a guard if you get banned for breaking a rule don't freak out everyone gets banned. Learn from your mistake and become better. 

If you're guard/warden banned: Please don't complain and act like the staff false banned you. There is a chance that this has happened, I would suggest asking the staff member than banned you about your ban so you could learn from it. But if you think you were false banned take it up with a super admin or crown. Remember: if you get banned the staff team talk out if you should be banned, how long it should be, your po's, and the reason. 

Now you're a warden
Remember you should know most of rules pretty well by now. Another great thing to do if you're new and not the greatest at keeping all the prisoners in one group is to assign your guards to specific doorways or areas so the prisoners have a harder time trying to riot 
Some commands for wardens
/spc 1: change the collision (Please do this before playing simon says board)
/Split: Split the prisoner team into two (red and blue)  You must have even teams when you play games that involve teams
/love: Open and close the cells
/hate: Toggles spc/collision
Brickenter: place point
/idea: Gives you an idea for a game
Things to do: Let prisoners out before 8, don't kill more than 1/2 with a skill based game, and don't kill more than one 1/4 with luck based game
Last thing if you're warden: Do what YOU want to do if you want to play lr/fr or create your own game go ahead and do that. Also try to stay away from games that take a long amount of time. 

Other forum threads that are good for new players. 
Common game and rule misconceptions
Warden Guide
Rules

This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 09:23 PM by Padillac. Edit Reason: Added to the warden part of thread
Just drop in and smack the lip, then after that you just drop in drop out, aragagagra.
Communism
Gay

804 posts 34 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-10-2017, 11:29 PM -
extremely helpful, sticky pls
Я женщина.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

383 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-12-2017, 04:01 PM -
I'm not sure if new players go to the forums...
Maybe a sever info that linked would be helpful?

Also could you explain what Mac users have to do better?
This post was last modified: 06-12-2017, 05:45 PM by Ostinyo.
Padillac

06-12-2017, 05:59 PM -
(06-12-2017, 04:01 PM)llOstinyo Wrote: I'm not sure if new players go to the forums...
Maybe a sever info that linked would be helpful?

Also could you explain what Mac users have to do better?
The server info thing would work great.
Added more to the mac users for lr. 
Everyone please let me know what you think about this.
Thanks Smile
Just drop in and smack the lip, then after that you just drop in drop out, aragagagra.
Crown
<><

144 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-13-2017, 02:29 PM -
Cool. I added it as a tip in the server message rotation thing.
Gatekeeper

23 posts 5 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-13-2017, 02:48 PM -
This is a pretty good idea!
THEETERNALKINGOFSOY

Padillac

06-13-2017, 04:39 PM -
(06-13-2017, 02:29 PM)Crown Wrote: Cool. I added it as a tip in the server message rotation thing.
Sick, thanks

(06-13-2017, 02:48 PM)Gatekeeper Wrote: This is a pretty good idea!

Thanks
This post was last modified: 06-13-2017, 04:39 PM by Padillac.
Communism
Gay

804 posts 34 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-13-2017, 05:44 PM -
oh you might wanna add that you can do /hate to toggle spc, other than that maybe some pictures
Я женщина.