should I buy an alt just to use the forums
Started by The Hoff

7 posts in this topic
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-12-2017, 08:55 PM -
i got $14 in my only credit card, and will have $4 left over if I buy an alt just to access the Blockland Forums (the account for my currently only key got permabanned because 12 year old me was literally autistic)

if I can use the forums I am more likely to be successful with suggestions, advertising my server, getting active forum games, and the like, but for $10?

should I buy it now or wait for a steam sale? Is it better to buy an alt on Steam or Blockland.us? (I brought my main [42057] on blockland.us for $20)
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.
Communism
Gay

804 posts 34 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-13-2017, 12:31 AM -
Da
Buy one off of BL.us, it's 10 dollars (i think, dunno) and you can host dedicated servers n shit, and you can post on the forums

that's what I did, but if you wanted you could do something else
This post was last modified: 06-13-2017, 12:32 AM by Communism.
Я женщина.
The Hoff

06-13-2017, 01:39 AM -
(06-13-2017, 12:31 AM)Communism Wrote: Da
Buy one off of BL.us, it's 10 dollars (i think, dunno) and you can host dedicated servers n shit, and you can post on the forums

that's what I did, but if you wanted you could do something else

I checked recently that you can use a Steam id instead of a BL key for the forums. Since I can just host dedicated servers (if I ever figure it out) on my main ID, I don't need that ability on any alt I get unless I lose the main ID, which is highly unlikely.

So give it a few weeks, and Steam Blockland will prob be atleast 50% cheaper due to summer sales. All I have to do is make another account just to host the alt on Steam.
This post was last modified: 06-13-2017, 01:41 AM by The Hoff.

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

383 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-13-2017, 01:40 AM -
(06-13-2017, 01:39 AM)The Hoff Wrote: I checked recently that you can use a Steam id instead of a BL key for the forums. Since I can just host dedicated servers (if I ever figure it out) on my main ID, I don't need that ability on any alt I get unless I lose the main ID, which is highly unlikely.

So give it a few weeks, and Steam Blockland will prob be atleast 50% cheaper due to summer sales

Might want to consider buying the 4 pack. I've wanted to buy that during multiple sales but you can't if you already have Blockland in your Steam library Sad
The Hoff

06-13-2017, 01:46 AM -
(06-13-2017, 01:40 AM)Ostinyo Wrote: Might want to consider buying the 4 pack. I've wanted to buy that during multiple sales but you can't if you already have Blockland in your Steam library Sad

Make another steam account

infact, I found out months ago that I made a Steam account that never got logged in or used ever, so I will prob use that as the "alt storage" if I buy BL on steam. I won't mind paying a lower price (it will be around $5 on Steam) and not being able to host dedicated servers on my alt, the only reason I want an alt is to be able to use BLF, and I am certainly not going to pay $10 just to use an internet forum.
This post was last modified: 06-13-2017, 01:46 AM by The Hoff.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
sherif

153 posts 12 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-13-2017, 07:54 AM -
I would say buy one off of blockland.us cause my old steam key wasn't able to register with the forums for some odd reason.

It's guarenteed to register with a default key, but for steam sometimes it doesn't work.
To the town of Agua Fria rode a sherif one fine day
Erjon

148 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-15-2017, 05:18 PM -
Well dont use an alt if your main account is banned for like example 1 week and you just get an alt and evade your ban like you can get a perma for that david.
I asked the Cleverbot what was the scouters power level [Image: wNgKWQz.png]
The Hoff

06-15-2017, 05:25 PM -
(06-15-2017, 05:18 PM)Erjon Wrote: Well dont use an alt if your main account is banned for like example 1 week and you just get an alt and evade your ban like you can get a perma for that david.

my main is banned since 2013

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.