Poll: Do you think selling cosmetics should be an option?
This poll is closed.
Definitely
100.00%
8 100.00%
Nope
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Selling Cosmetics
Started by Survival

9 posts in this topic
Survival

22 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2017
06-17-2017, 04:55 PM -
I think the shop would be great if you could sell hats/trails/cosmetics for half the price that you bought them for.

Players might want to sell cosmetics for these reasons:
  • They might have regretted their purchase

• They might have accidentally purchased a cosmetic

• They might rarely use certain cosmetics due to having ones they like more

• They might want to save up for more expensive cosmetics

• Players might want a cheeky gamble Wink

What do you'll think?
Rebldomakr (Moosh)

94 posts 12 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-17-2017, 07:02 PM -
I think you truly do have a gambling addiction.

But it is a nice idea, I often will avoid purchasing something if I fear I'll never use/wear it, or if I waste it.
This would be a nice safety net, and it's not as though you could buy things willy-nilly, as it would still cost half the price.
BLID: 44894
TorChatID: tetristuhegs7pwj
Communism
Gay

804 posts 34 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-18-2017, 03:43 PM -
I would like this, I have old hats I barely ever wear and same thing for trails (ex: Wheatley, Gnomechild, Garfield, GoldDart trail, Flame trail, etc), and trying to get Hook hand by gambling is too risky and waiting to hit 125k is going to be a boring grindfest.

edit: i think crown said somewhere he doesnt like this idea but I need to check
This post was last modified: 06-18-2017, 03:44 PM by Communism.
Я женщина.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

380 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-18-2017, 05:16 PM -
That's correct, this idea would probably cause the hat system to become unnecessarily complex and make getting free hats weird. We prefer it when people dedicate to a permanent purchase.
Visolator
Super Admin

105 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-22-2017, 12:13 PM -
There's a reason why there's a preview system so you do not regret making the choice. Choose your purchase wisely and think about it instead of having a first thought and then making a second thought later.

This makes it easier to get hats that cost highly which can ruin the point of having this idea in the first place. There's a reason why hats might cost so much, and that's because of how rare they should be. Adding this feature will make the cosmetics more common to get and making the system not unique.

If anything, if they buy a cosmetic they could refund it within 30 minutes or something like that.
Survival

06-22-2017, 02:03 PM -

(06-22-2017, 12:13 PM)Visolator Wrote: There's a reason why hats might cost so much, and that's because of how rare they should be. Adding this feature will make the cosmetics more common to get and making the system not unique.

Just add more expensive hats? I doubt the rarity of the cosmetics would drop tremendously because of how expensive they already are. Getting cosmetics is an insane grind and players should be allowed to sell their items to help fund for a more expensive item. The shop just seems silly that a simple feature like selling cosmetics isn't available.

(06-22-2017, 12:13 PM)Visolator Wrote: If anything, if they buy a cosmetic they could refund it within 30 minutes or something like that.

This just seems like an even more complex idea.
This post was last modified: 06-22-2017, 02:26 PM by Survival.
Visolator
Super Admin

06-22-2017, 05:06 PM -
Ah yes let's just add more expensive hats to increase loading time, no thanks. Adding more expensive hats is just like what is happening now with the current hats, saving up for the expensive ones, except you do it again with much more expensive ones, the only difference is that you can now show off with your 'expensive' hat that everyone else also wanted which makes the system a lot less unique. This entire thing may just ruin the uniqueness of the cosmetics.

Instead of trying to buy every cosmetic people will just aim for the ones that are expensive, which questions me why are the cosmetics with lower prices if almost no one buys them and rather want the ones that are super expensive.
This post was last modified: 06-22-2017, 05:07 PM by Visolator.
Survival

06-23-2017, 02:18 AM -
Adding more expensive hats is just a suggestion since you thought the rarity of hats would drop. I generalised when I stated that players would just want to get the more expensive cosmetics and this only applies if they like the look of them. I don't understand how cosmetics would immediately get less rare if the player selling the item only gets half of the cash which the person bought it for. This seems like a fair and well balanced price as you loose money to help fund for a different cosmetic.
Visolator
Super Admin

06-23-2017, 10:07 AM -
Still doesn't explain the second paragraph I explained.

You don't get how the cosmetics get less rare? Getting money back from buying a bunch of hats will make them get the hat they wanted much quicker (yes this may be good), which tons of other people were saving as well. The cosmetic doesn't make it rare as it was if everyone gets it commonly. Making cosmetics more expensive does not solve anything.

Noting that Crown would of made the refund system when the shop was created, so there's a reason why the refund system isn't a thing (it might not be the reason of what I am saying above).
This post was last modified: 06-23-2017, 02:05 PM by Visolator. Edit Reason: typos are fun
Crown
<><

145 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2017
06-24-2017, 09:49 PM -
I understand the reasoning behind wanting to be able to sell your items, but it's just not something I want to add to Jailbreak. Once you buy a hat, it's part of you. I know I probably sound ridiculous but it's how I want things to be, sorry.