Criminal Business
Started by The Hoff

319 posts in this topic
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
08-15-2017, 08:54 PM -
The first missions are released.

If you will do roleplay in PM's, inform me or else things may not go as you planned. it is ok to roleplay in this thread for as long as you are not metagaming

and keep in mind that you don't have to wait for The Hoff to do the missions for you completely. 

you have control over the missions unless specified. However, the Hoff will still need to control some NPCs if needed. As of now, act out your characters (be mindful of their strengths, neutralities, and weaknesses)

but remember to follow mechanics and roleplay rules. If you are unsure, just do your best and I will correct accordingly from time to time. 
I would understand your pain of trying to understand how the game works, so I will be more leninant for now

EDIT AS OF 9-16-17: I will put those missions here just for readers wondering what the fuck happened:

Dimitri Vikenti:
(FYI, your character speaks Russian. Thus you can understand Russian or similar Slavic languages.)

You drive to a store named Yasha for Russia, going to get your usual kovbasa, ingredients for your lovely Russian dishes, kvass, and Polish chocolates.

As soon as you walk in, the butcher stares at you...

Butcher: "Эй, Сергей, этот новый парень!" (Hey Sergei, that new guy is here!)

An underweight man donned in a tracksuit walks out of an employees-only area, and walks up to you. 

Sergei: "Привет, приходите за мной." (Hi, come follow me)

He leads you back to the area that he came from, and shows you the stairs to a secret second floor. You are led into a meeting room of sorts, with three other people decked in white and green already seated.

Man: "Добро пожаловать в Русскую Братву, Димитрий! Мы ждали вас. Я - Сергей Великанов, нижний босс главы Феникса. Теперь появились подозрения, что есть еще один восточно-европейский продуктовый магазин, европейский рынок Маши, который является фронтом для наших фашистских противников Хокала.

Николай. Коля. Вы будете входить в магазин со спины и проверять зоны обслуживания для любых секретных сделок, которые могут совершать хокалы.

Влади. Димитрий. Приходите впереди, навязывайте контроль толпы, ломайте их телефоны. Если они попытаются провести 911, убейте их. Получите наличные деньги с аванса.

Не трахайте это.
Ura! Слава Братве!"
("Welcome to the Russian Bratva, Dimitri! We have been expecting you. I am Sergey Velikanov, the underboss of the Phoenix chapter. Now, there were suspicions that there was another Eastern European grocery store, Masha's European Market, that is a front for our fascist Khokal enemies.

Nikolai. Kolya. You will be breaking into the store from the back and checking out the maintanence areas for any secret deals the Khokals may be conducting.

Vlady. Dimitri. Come in the front, impose crowd control, break their phones. If they try to conduct 911, kill them. Get the cash from upfront.

Do not fuck this up.
Ura! Glory to the Bratva!")

You: Dimitri Vikenti
Health: 100/100
Armor: 0/0
Pocket Money: $0
Reserve Money: $0
Police Priority: 0 stars
Vigilante Priority: 0 stars

Assault Rifle added: AK-47
Damage: 40
Rate of Fire: up to 5 times per action
Accuracy: 50%
Range: 40%
Clip Size: 30
Reload Time: 1 action
Quality: 60%
Mobility: 20% slower
Armor Penetration: 4
Fire Mode: Full Auto
Pistol added: Makarov
Damage: 23
Rate of Fire: 1 time per action
Accuracy: 45%
Range: 20%
Clip Size: 8
Reload Time: instant
Quality: 44%
Mobility: no speed reduction
Armor Penetration: 0
Fire Mode: Semi-auto
Melee Weapon added: Kitchen Knife
Damage: 20-30. 100 on neck, heart, back, or top of head. Can cut off limbs.
Rate of Fire: 1 time per action
Quality: 90%
Mobility: no speed reduction
Armor Penetration: 0

Current Mission Objective: Get the cash from the front by any means.
Teammates (you can control them but the Hoff may control them too)
Vlady.
Health: 100/100
Armor: 0/100
Equipped weapon: AK-47

John Will
You pull up at the Lucci Manor somewhere in Scottsdale. Upon your entry, a Lucci bodyguard stops you.

John: "I'm here to see the Don. I was told to be at the Manor immediately. Here's his word."

John shows a text sent to him by Don Lucci on his telephone to the bodyguard.

Lucci Bodyguard: "If its urgent, go quick." 

After navigating through the many corridors and rooms of the Manor, you come across a large room guarded by two more heavily armed bodyguards. You show them the text, and reason with them the same, and they let you in.
The room is very crowded. Lots of Lucci goons are standing around, drinking wine, and sitting at a large circular table. The Don of the Luccis sits at the front of the table with a map.

Don Lucci: "Come in, come in. Make yourself at home, but don't get too relaxed. We got important news, hence why all the goons are here."

John sits down at the table.

Suddenly, Don Lucci fires a revolver at the air, signaling silence.

Don Lucci: "Alright, the time has come. For long, the Loranzio family has been intruding into our business. I received news from the Gambinis that the Loranzios are starting to do drug deals. Initially this hasn't bothered us, but they really wanna do this shit. They are breaking the old conduct of the Three Families, that no family should take away the business of another family, and to keep monopolies. The Loranzios. Are. Breaking. The Conduct. Here's the deal. We will be taking sniper and ambush spots at this warehouse..."

the Don points to a spot on the map

Don Lucci: "This is where the Loranzios will be conducting a drug deal with some guys that we don't know or ever cared about. When they are about to trade the drugs for money, fire upon them. The Gambinis will worry about people trying to escape and securing the drugs and money during the ambush. Capsice? Now, all of you, GET THE FUCK OUT AND GO GET THOSE LORIES!"

Carbine Rifle Added: Ruger Mini-14
Origin: United States
Damage: 35 on semiauto, 50 on single-fire.
Rate of fire: Once per second action on single fire, Once per action on semiauto.
Accuracy: 50%
Range: 50%
Clip Size: 6
Reload Time: Two actions
Quality: 45%
Mobility: 25% speed reduction
Armor Penetration: 5
Fire Modes: Semiauto (for close-mid range), Singlefire (for long range)
Attachments:
Basic Scope
- 30% increased accuracy and range
- Only usable on singlefire

Revolver Added: Mateba Revolver
Origin: Italy
Damage: 60
Rate of fire: Once per action
Accuracy: 30%
Range: 30%
Clip Size: 6
Reload Time: 2-3 actions
Quality: 50%
Mobility: 5% speed reduction
Armor Penetration: 3-4
Fire Modes: Semiauto

Teammates:
Lucci Goon #1
Lucci Goon #2
Lucci Goon #3
all of them have 100 HP, no armor, Ruger Mini 14s with Basic Scope, and Matebas.

Current Mission Objective: Snipe as many Loranzios and the guys they are dealing with as possible.

Carl Bad
You are driving on your way to Talking Stick Resort for another "shift", as the totally-not-Gambini-Mafia owners of that place would say. But you know you just have a meeting with the Gambini dons and consigileres.

Upon entry of the employees only area of Talking Stick Resort, you hear chanting coming from what was the second conference room, only used for Gambini affairs...

"Fuck Loranzios!"

You quickly run into the room to investigate the commotion. It was Gambini consigilere Antonio "Tony" Madeli, hyping up the Gambini goons for what you assume is another war with the Loranzios.

Madeli: "Those Lories are breaking the long-established rules of the Three Families. The drug trade, its the Luccis' business, but they are sticking their noses in there, expecting some nosebleed from us and them once we roll around. I got the word from the Don of the Luccis that they will be ambushing the Lories and those other guys. We just have to block off all escape routes, kill any escapees, and take the shit for ourselves when we are done. AM I FUCKING CLEAR?"

The goons shout yes, in English, Italian, Spanish, or an variant of it. 

Madeli: "Let's remember the address: Hayden and Cactus. Hayden and Cactus. There is an abandoned grey warehouse there where the deal is going down. Run to that armory next door. Let's go!"

You try to run to the armory, but all the other goons beat you to it. The only guns left in there was a Benelli M3, an M16, and two Beretta M9s. Arm up wisely, you will be going into the ambush hot.

Mission Objective: Arm up, go to the warehouse on Hayden and Cactus and take part in the ambush. Secure the drugs and money.
Optional: Find out who were the Loranzios dealing with.
This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 09:56 PM by The Hoff. Edit Reason: added the first missions
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.

Messages In This Thread
Criminal Business - by The Hoff - 08-14-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Grace, submit characters!] - by The Hoff - 08-15-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by The Hoff - 09-14-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by Communism - 09-14-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by The Hoff - 09-15-2017, 06:02 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by Communism - 09-15-2017, 08:30 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by The Hoff - 09-15-2017, 11:37 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by Communism - 09-17-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by The Hoff - 09-19-2017, 09:18 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by The Hoff - 09-22-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by Communism - 09-22-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: Criminal Business [Diplomacy] - by The Hoff - 09-23-2017, 01:01 AM
RE: Criminal Business - by Skeletal¹²³™ - 01-07-2018, 12:12 PM
RE: Criminal Business - by Communism - 01-07-2018, 01:26 PM