Poll: Keep current realistic prints or revert to 8-bit prints?
This poll is closed.
8-bit retro style nigga
31.82%
7 31.82%
HYPER REALISTIC BLOOD EVERYWHERE
68.18%
15 68.18%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Border [IT'S DONE NIGGAS]
Started by Ranma

40 posts in this topic
Redconer
Juice Official

63 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-24-2017, 10:04 PM -
You should add MORE lights, its pretty dark.
This post was last modified: 01-24-2017, 10:05 PM by Redconer.
Ranma
1/2 Admin

65 posts 5 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-25-2017, 03:23 PM -
(01-24-2017, 10:04 PM)Redconer Wrote: You should add MORE lights, its pretty dark.

That's doable but it wasn't really a priority of mine considering all the maps are dark like that when you have shaders on, although I did take some time to put lights elsewhere besides the guard quarters already. The environment settings are pretty bright, it's just that the giant wall looming over the area casts a large shadow. Maybe instead I can just move the sun to a noon position or something for better lighting.
Crown
<><

144 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-25-2017, 04:12 PM -
Looks interesting, will be cool to see how it plays out with the cells being setup like that.
Gentle Spy

102 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-25-2017, 09:10 PM -
Looks great! Can't wait to play it. BTW, I love the realistic graphics. Keep them.
I hate love you all.
Ranma
1/2 Admin

01-25-2017, 09:28 PM -
(01-25-2017, 09:10 PM)Gentle Spy Wrote: Looks great! Can't wait to play it. BTW, I love the realistic graphics. Keep them.

Prints will stay as is unless if there isn't enough space on the server to actually keep them which I think is unlikely.

Also, new stuff in op: gallows (lynch game and hangman game), and a graveyard. Also, I'm close to being finished with the pit for this map. When it's done I'll put in a picture for that. Also retook the cell photo with better lighting.
sherif

153 posts 12 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-25-2017, 10:21 PM -
are the prisoners illegal immigrants or some shit and what country is the wall facing
To the town of Agua Fria rode a sherif one fine day
Ranma
1/2 Admin

01-26-2017, 03:59 PM -
(01-25-2017, 10:21 PM)Mad Hops Disease Wrote: are the prisoners illegal immigrants or some shit and what country is the wall facing

The prisoners are prisoners and the wall faces Mexico, which is represented by a blank desert wasteland at the moment. The grassy side where stuff is being built right now is the American side where prisoners come to get tortured and die play games.
Ranma
1/2 Admin

01-26-2017, 09:09 PM -
The Pit is now in a presentable state, but I had to remove some other pictures to make space for new pit pictures in op. Also the gallows and hangman are now functioning as well.
Ranma
1/2 Admin

01-28-2017, 12:21 AM -
triple dippin again
We now have a pool carved into the rock face of the valley. It's a modest pool; I'll probably add pool modes similar to moon and desert. There may or may not be a secret vent in the pool.
[Image: NCAaKEg.jpg]
From now on I'm probably just gonna post pictures of stuff in each update post I make instead of adding to the op since there's a limit apparently.

In other news, the vast empty wasteland on the opposite side of the wall (aka mexico side) is now being utilized for a big game of duck hunt (also known as snipers vs runners for those of you who have gotten used to duck hunt in the pool). If you don't know what I'm talking about, basically what you do as a runner is try to run through a little course or something without getting lit the fuck up by snipers. There's a bunch of walls and stuff to take cover with on the way. Snipers shoot at runners in order to prevent them from winning. I'll probably nick name this game something else like "border patrol" to coincide with the map theme more, but you get the gist. It isn't done yet but it's pretty straightforward in how it works so it isn't too complicated.
sherif

153 posts 12 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-28-2017, 10:00 AM -
(01-28-2017, 12:21 AM)Ranma Wrote: triple dippin again
We now have a pool carved into the rock face of the valley. It's a modest pool; I'll probably add pool modes similar to moon and desert. There may or may not be a secret vent in the pool.
[Image: NCAaKEg.jpg]
From now on I'm probably just gonna post pictures of stuff in each update post I make instead of adding to the op since there's a limit apparently.

In other news, the vast empty wasteland on the opposite side of the wall (aka mexico side) is now being utilized for a big game of duck hunt (also known as snipers vs runners for those of you who have gotten used to duck hunt in the pool). If you don't know what I'm talking about, basically what you do as a runner is try to run through a little course or something without getting lit the fuck up by snipers. There's a bunch of walls and stuff to take cover with on the way. Snipers shoot at runners in order to prevent them from winning. I'll probably nick name this game something else like "border patrol" to coincide with the map theme more, but you get the gist. It isn't done yet but it's pretty straightforward in how it works so it isn't too complicated.

I WAS PLANNING ON THAT FOR MY MAP UGHHHHHHHHHH
nah but sounds fun
To the town of Agua Fria rode a sherif one fine day