Manoyama Adventures ◇ Turn 8 on Page 21!
Started by Ostinyo

221 posts in this topic
Ostinyo
Super Admin

383 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-18-2018, 01:34 PM -
Next turn will be posted hopefully soon but I am also going to change how the turn schedule works, since taking this one day at a time would take far too long. You guys will see how it's changed on the next turn.
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-20-2018, 10:46 PM -
(01-18-2018, 01:34 PM)Ostinyo Wrote: Next turn will be posted hopefully soon but I am also going to change how the turn schedule works, since taking this one day at a time would take far too long. You guys will see how it's changed on the next turn.

hopefully soon

>hopefully
>soon
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.
Communism
Gay

804 posts 34 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-20-2018, 10:55 PM -
hoff i literally cant even quote you because you messed up your post so bad
Я женщина.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

01-21-2018, 12:23 AM -
It's just because he put text inside the quote box, which on MyBB gets dropped when quoting someone else.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

01-21-2018, 05:18 PM -
Period 4: Evening Conclusion
Akihiko followed the Vespiri twins to their room in the first year dormitories. Once inside, Shingo jumped onto his bed and laid down on his pillow. “I’m all out of magic,” he said with a sigh.
“You need a recharge?” asked Moliarth.
“Yeah.”
“I know a more efficient way, if you’re interested,” said Moliarth, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.
Shingo perked his head up. “Ooh la la.”
“Don’t listen to him, Shingo,” said Akihiko seriously. “His motivation is clearly nefarious.”
“You’re right, I shouldn’t have let down my guard.”
“Wait,” interjected Moliarth. “Who is he to say? He’s not our roommate!”
“Yeah, that’s right,” said Shingo, as though suddenly realizing this. “Why are you in our room pretending to be our roommate? You snake!”
“Woah woah woah, slow down!” Akihiko backed towards the door as Shingo and Moliarth closed in on him. “You say I’m the snake? What about your sister, huh?”
Shingo and Moliarth stopped dead in their tracks. “Our sister… yes.” Moliarth nodded warrily.
“True, she is the snake.” Shingo went back to his bed.
Curious to know more, Akihiko asked “what’s so nasty about her?”
Moliarth’s eyes seemed to darken and Shingo rolled over in bed. After a moment’s silence, Moliarth said “she isn’t normal…”
“Oh come on,” said Shingo. “We aren’t normal! She’s beyond ‘not normal’, she’s psychotic! She basks in the pain of others and herself. Some of our family thinks she’s just evil, but she’s truly just crazy.”
Moliarth nodded in agreement. “Insane.”
“Of course, that doesn’t stop us from also being interested in dark magic like she is.”
“Dark magic?” asked Akihiko, perplexed. “What’s that?”
“Ha!” laughed Shingo. “Look at this guy, Moliarth. Hasn’t even heard of dark magic.”
Moliarth chuckled. “Ignorant fool, you are unworthy.”
“Hey!” said Akihiko in protest.
“Dark magic is any magic that is used for illegal purposes,” explained Shingo. “Basically stuff that the monarchy doesn’t want us attempting.”
“For security reasons,” said Moliarth, using air-quotes to mimic the monarchy’s stance. “They’re just afraid magicians might discover magic that can bring down the monarchy of Hotagi.”
“Wow, so what kind of dark magic do you guys know?”
Shingo laughed. “Us? That’s what we’re here for.”
“It’s not like we had a school for dark magic back home. Everything people have learned from dark magic is all hush-hush because people are afraid of the monarchy catching wind of it.” Moliarth’s eyes darkened. “Perhaps you don’t know much about them, but the monarchy is terrifying. They’ve killed thousands.”
“Killed? Are you serious?” Akihiko couldn’t believe what Moliarth was saying.
“Dead serious.”
Shingo nodded sadly. “They even killed our uncle for improper use of magic. One day he just disappeared. We never heard from him again.”
“Silent execution,” whispered Moliarth.
Akihiko couldn’t help but shiver at the twins’ tale. “That’s… terrible.” The three boys fell silent. Akihiko didn’t know what to say. Having grown up in the streets, he had always heard people complaining about the monarchy. However, this was the first time he had heard anything about the execution of magicians. The academy bells rang for the dinner feast, breaking the silence in the room.
“Come on,” said Shingo, motioning to them. “Let’s go eat.”
“Hey, what happened to Ichiro?” Moliarth looked around the room, as if expecting to find Ichiro hiding in one of the corners.
“Yeah, where did he go? I haven’t seen him since breakfast,” commented Akihiko.
“Maybe he was bullied,” snickered Moliarth.
“Probably, but I’m sure he’ll be at dinner.” Shingo beckoned them towards the door. “Let’s go.” Moliarth and Akihiko followed him outside.

During dinner, Ava sat down at the edge of the Dining Hall by herself. A number of students whispered around her, but none dared approach Ava. However, Ava made no notice of this and simply continued eating her steak; something she was far more interested in. Once most of the students had taken seats with their food, Principal Foliart stood up to address them. “Silence.” His words reverberated around the room, and the students still chatting with one another stopped abruptly. “I hope you have all had a fantastic first day of classes.”
“Yeah, just fantastic!” yelled one of the third years, causing the students around him to laugh.
“It has come to my attention,” continued the principal, “that some first years have attended the wrong classes- either out of mistake or volition. Please, do attend the class you have been assigned, otherwise I may have to institute disciplinary actions for students that choose to disrupt the order of our academy.”
“What’s up with these first years?” A number of students began whispering about what the principal had said.
“Stay safe and continue learning!” With those words Principal Foliart sat back down.
“Stay safe,” scoffed Shingo. “More like stay sheep.”
“Ha, yeah,” said Akihiko, who was getting food beside the Vespiri twins. As he finished piling chicken, potatoes, and beans onto his plate, he said “I’ll see you guys later.”
“Oh?” Both Shingo and Moliarth appeared surprised he was leaving them.
“I’m going to find some chicks to hit on.”
Shingo slapped him on the back happily. “You go brother! Go get some!”
Akihiko nodded and walked towards a group of girls from another class. He sat down at an open space next to Pamira Yamaki. “Hi, I’m Akihiko from Class B,” he said, holding out his hand to Pamira.
The girls around Pamira glared at Akihiko. However, Pamira wiped her mouth and shook Akihiko’s hand. “Pamira, Class A.”
“And you four?” He motioned to the girls sitting with Pamira.
“This is Kotone, Erin, Rin, and Emelia” said Pamira, pointing to each of the girls in turn. Each of them nodded to Akihiko politely.
“You’re all in Class A?” asked Akihiko.
“All except Emelia, she’s in your class.”
“Right,” said Akihiko quickly. “I remember seeing her in class.”
“So?” Erin looked at Akihiko suspiciously.
“Uh… so?”
Erin rolled her eyes at him. “What do you want with us?”
“Nothing, particularly,” said Akihiko. “Do I need a particular reason to eat next to some cute girls?”
“C-c-cute?” Erin’s cheeks turned bright red. Emelia and Kotone also turned their faces away, looking embarrassed.
Pamira raised her eyebrows. “What do you mean cute?”
“You know what I mean. And let’s be honest, academy life is the best time to meet your future spouse. I bet there will be tons of couples after the first month.”
“Aren’t you going a little fast?” Emelia spoke without making eye contact.
“Yeah!” shouted Kotone. “It’s only the first day!”
“Well, I suppose he does have a point,” said Rin softly. “That is typical behavior.”
“Rin?” Erin couldn’t believe what Rin was saying.
“Certainly, it’s true,” nodded Pamira.
“You too, Pamira?”
“We’re here to learn, but also to make friends and enjoy ourselves,” spoke Pamira. “And so far we’ve only made friends with other girls.”
“Exactly, nice logic!” Akihiko was very happy with Pamira’s attitude. “You won’t be getting any action from these guys if your only friends are girls.” As Akihiko spoke he flexed his biceps, revealing his powerful muscles underneath his shirt.
Pamira chortled at Akihiko’s display. “You still have a ways to go. I daresay my two older brothers would have you beat in any strength contest.”
“Dang! Guess I’ll need to keep hitting the gym.”
“There’s a gym here at the academy?”
“No, no,” he replied. “I have a membership to the Gold Gym downtown.”
“Ah,” said Pamira with a tone of interest. “Maybe you could take me sometime?” The other girls looked astonished at Pamira. Akihiko, on the other hand, appeared very excited at the prospect.
“Wow, sure!” Akihiko was amazed at how well his first conversation with girls from the academy had gone. He continued eating with the five girls, looking forward to telling Shingo and Moliarth about his catch later.
✔ Akihiko Fujushina gains 100 EXP in Friendship!

On the left end of the Dining Hall, Azuma and Koji were eating together.
“Did you see that girl named Satori?” Azuma asked Koji.
“Yeah, here boobs were huge!” said Koji, taking a bite of salad.
“Not that you idiot!” Azuma whacked Koji on the back of his head, causing him to spit out some food he was eating.
“Oh, sorry,” he said with a mischievous smile.
Azuma shook his head. “No, I mean at Combat class. She got the hang of using a bolt and shield right away.”
“So did you, didn’t you?”
“Well… it’s not the same,” said Azuma ambiguously. He didn’t seem too comfortable talking about his own magical ability. “Anyways, I think she’ll be an interesting one to watch out for.”
“Watch out for?” asked Koji, appearing not to understand what Azuma was saying.
Azuma shook his head. “Oh, nevermind then. I don’t think you’re too interested in this sort of thing.”
“I am interested!”
“Sure you are,” said Azuma. He took another bite of his steak. “It seemed you were most interested in Mikoto. You relaxed around me once you realized I’m not a noble, but he turned out to really be one.” Azuma stared Koji straight in the eyes. “What has you so afraid of nobles?”
Koji broke eye contact with Azuma. “They’re… they’re just scary.”
“Just scary? Come on, Koji. Talk to me!”
“Well, they’ve done things.”
“Things?”
“Bad things… to my family.” Koji’s eyes darted around the room nervously. He lowered his voice as he continued speaking to Azuma. “My family has been exploited by them for a long time. Especially my dad. It’s… hard to talk about.”
Azuma looked like he wanted to hear more, but said “that’s fine. Maybe some other time, if you can.”
Koji nodded and they continued eating their meals.

At dinner, Ray made his way to the table that Amy was sitting at alone. “Hi Amy,” he said as he approached her.
“Oh, hi Ray.”
Ray began eating his food, hoping to think of something interesting to talk about with Amy. After a minute of silence he decided to ask Amy about herself. “Where are you from?”
Amy waited a moment to finish chewing a chunk of meat. “Intika.”
“Cool, I’ve been to Intika loads of times!”
“What did you think?”
“There are lots of unique businesses there. Really felt like a paradise for entrepreneurs.”
Amy gave him a smile, appearing impressed. “That’s true. We’re more than just business life though- we have some of the best entertainment in the kingdom.”
Ray thought for a moment. “Hmm… I guess I haven’t really seen what Intika has to offer then.”
“You should,” said Amy. “And where are you from?”
“Fortuka,” replied Ray happily. “Whole family is fishermen. We own quite a few boats.”
“Big boats?”
“Nothing huge, but enough. Very comfortable for just a few people. If you’re interested, I could take you sailing in our cruise boat.” He smiled at Amy, making her cough on the water she was drinking. “It’s not for work, just for enjoyment.”
Amy wiped her mouth with her napkin. “W-well, I’m not sure if I can handle boats.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, I’ve never been out to sea before.”
Ray’s eyes widened. “No way! You have to come, then. No ifs ands ors or buts! I’ll test you out and get you some sea legs in no time!”
Amy smiled at Ray’s excitement. “Sure, sounds like fun!”
The two continued eating dinner, discussing their pasts and personal hobbies.
✔ Ray Scott gains 100 EXP in Romance!

After shoveling down his dinner, Ichiro quickly headed off to the library. There he perused the transformation section, and, finding a book to his liking, he began reading more about transformation magic.

? Ichiro Ito found a book about Transformation!
Title: A Beginner’s Guide to Simple Transformations
Level Limit: 3 (Transformation)
Exp Per Period: 100
Periods Available: 3

”Hey, is that book about transformation magic?” Kotone, who had also left the Dining Hall early, pointed at the book Ichiro was reading.
“Uh, yeah. Why? Do you want it?” Ichiro held out the book, offering it to Kotone.
“No, that’s alright. I’m sure there are extra copies. I was just wondering if it’s any good.”
Ichiro thought for a moment, and said “yeah, sure. But I just started reading it, so…”
“Alright, thanks.” Kotone looked in the book shelf beside the chair Ichiro was sitting in. “That’s good enough for me, I’ll take it!” She pulled out another copy of the same book as Ichiro and sat down in another chair. The two were silent as they read they read more about transformation magic.

✔ Ichiro Ito gains 100 EXP in Transformation!
✔ Kotone Miu gains 100 EXP in Transformation!

Hitojo was also at the library searching for a book about combat skills to knock out opponents. He found an interesting book titled “Combat Techniques: Ten Common Restrainments Used by Law Enforcement”.
? Hitojo Yoshiwara found a book about Combat!
Title: Combat Techniques: Ten Common Restrainments Used by Law Enforcement
Level Limit: 6 (Combat)
Exp Per Period: 100
Periods Available: 3

Having found the book he wanted, Hitojo approached the check out desk. “Hello, madam,” he said, approaching the librarian. She was an elderly lady with spectacles that rested atop her long, pointed nose.
“Book please,” said the librarian, holding out her hand. Hitojo offered her the book. She quickly checked it over and handed it back. “You may go. Don’t forget to return it within thirty days.”
“Thank you.” As Hitojo turned to leave, he caught sight of John looking through the aisles. “Hey John!”
John spun around as Hitojo approached him. “Oh, hey Hitojo.”
“What are you looking for?”
“A book on persuasion.”
Hitojo raised his eyebrows. “Persuasion? Why would you need a book about that?”
“To be honest, I’m going to try transfering into your class.” John looked slightly embarrassed. “I figured a book on persuasion would help when I talk to Instructor Tanaka about it.”
Hitojo frowned. “Oh come on, John! Just go talk with her! What is a book going to do?”
“Yeah, I know it’s silly,” said John. “I’m just not that confident right now.”
Hitojo shrugged, saying “Well, it’s your call.” He pointed to the check out desk. “I would go talk to the librarian, Missus Hopper.”
“How would she help convince Instructor Tanaka?”
“Not that, dumb nuts. Ask her where to find a book about persuasion.”
“Oh, right.”
John approached the check out desk, waving goodbye to Hitojo. “Umm, excuse me? Missus Hopper?”
The librarian gave him a cold look. “It’s Madam Hopri.”
John gulped, wishing he hadn’t gotten the librarian’s name wrong. “Sorry, Madam Hopri. Do you have any books about persuasion?”
“Persuasion?” The librarian eyed John suspiciously. “You do know that magic arts that assist with mental suggestion are all shams, right boy?”
John nodded. “Yes, I know. I’m not talking about magic. Just a book about normal persuasion.”
“Well, then you’ve answered your own question. This is a library for a magic academy. The only books we have with non-magical content are for fields directly related to magic, like physics, chemistry, and anatomy.”
“Really? Darn it.”
Madam Hopri leaned over her desk a little. “Maybe you should try the city library, if you’re really that interested,” she spoke softly. She straightened back up, saying “but don’t go telling people I directed you to another library, you hear?”
“Yes ma’am,” said John, making to leave the library. “Thanks for your help.”

After parting ways with John in the library, Hitojo carried his book back to his dormitory and promptly began reading on his bed. A few minutes passed when there was a knock on the door.
“Come in.”
The door opened and Genghis stepped into the room. “Hey Hitojo, so what did you want to discuss?”
“Oh,” said Hitojo, setting the book he was reading down on his bedside table. “Well I was going to talk with you about Ava Human, but that’s alright now.”
“Huh?” Genghis was confused.
“I’m pretty sure she’s just crazy. Plus,” he said, pointing to his book, “I found this cool book I want to read.” Hitojo picked the book up again.
“Whaaaaaaaa-”
“Maybe some other time, right now I need it quiet.” Hitojo motioned for Genghis to leave while he continued to read. Genghis walked out of the dormitory dejectedly.

✔ Hitojo Yoshiwara gains 100 EXP in Combat!

◇ ◇ ◇ GAME FORMAT UPDATE ◇ ◇ ◇
Due to the amount of time required to write updates as well as the sheer ridiculousness of explaining what happens in every waking moment, turns will now takes place over periods of my own choosing. This could be a few hours, a day, or even a week. The pacing will be reflective of important developments in the plot, so it will somewhat mirror the book. Each turn will specify an action limit in an effort to keep custom actions to a minimum, but I will tell you if you are attempting to do too many things. Note that this update will not affect the format of battles.

Tuesday, Week 1
Season: Fall
There are classes today!

Periods 1-4: Second School Day
After breakfast, the first year students split off to leave for the rest of their first class periods. The class schedules dictated the following assignments:

Class A - Restoration, Transformation, Break
Class B - Translocation, Restoration, Break
Class C - Combat, Illusion, Break

Choose your actions! (Limit: 2)
Suggested actions: Go to classes, get a book about X from the library, read a book
This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 05:25 PM by Ostinyo.
The Hoff

01-21-2018, 05:19 PM -
beat me to posting this

[Image: 8kdeKoD.png]

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

01-21-2018, 05:21 PM -
I can't get a good ascii symbol for book to work right now. All the ones I've tried get defaulted to ? which is annoying.
The Hoff

01-21-2018, 06:04 PM -
Akihiko will talk with Pamira at lunch. Otherwise go to classes

Hitojo will buy the cloak/robe after his classes. Once he is wearing a robe that makes him anonymous, call his father to bring him one or two loan sharks trained in magic to assist him in capturing Ava

If I can, Hitojo can read his book during lunch, and Akihiko will take a short trip back to his home city to try to find out about dark magic.
This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 10:56 PM by The Hoff.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Rocket
Administrator

345 posts 21 threads Joined: Apr 2017
01-21-2018, 07:08 PM -
Ava Human wants to go to the library, find a book about the philosopher's stone and read it. eventually try to create one using human sacrifices.

(they have to be live humans)
This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 07:25 PM by Rocket.
"You're mom gay." - Communism, 2017
"Why do we have to read the rules?" - legoson7, 2018
"Why are we still here? Just to shitpost? Every night, I can feel my loneliness… and my memes… even my autism. The friends I’ve never had… the social life I’ve never had… won’t stop hurting…you feel it, too, don’t you?" - Genghis Khan, 2017
"( ͡☭ ͜ʖ ͡☭)" - Skeletal, 24-25 October 1817
"Nigga I am in the past" - The Hoff, 2014
"Last words." - Clockworker, 2017
The Hoff

01-21-2018, 07:43 PM -
(01-21-2018, 07:08 PM)Rocket Wrote: Ava Human wants to go to the library, find a book about the philosopher's stone and read it. eventually try to create one using human sacrifices.

(they have to be live humans)

and this is why hitojo wants you dead, or atleast have his father's loan sharks kill you
This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 07:43 PM by The Hoff.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.