Manoyama Adventures ◇ Turn 8 on Page 21!
Started by Ostinyo

221 posts in this topic
Ostinyo
Super Admin

383 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-27-2017, 04:37 PM -
I modified your guys' posts to match the third person format. You aren't your character, you are controlling a character. Think of it like we're all writing a story together.

Turn 2 will be posted at 5:00pm PST
This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 05:16 PM by Ostinyo.
BlueFang24

152 posts 4 threads Joined: Jun 2017
12-27-2017, 04:43 PM -
(12-27-2017, 04:37 PM)Ostinyo Wrote: Turn 2 will be posted at 5:00pm EST

17 minutes away hype!

E: This is now accurate!
This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 07:43 PM by BlueFang24.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

12-27-2017, 05:16 PM -
(12-27-2017, 04:43 PM)BlueFang24 Wrote: 17 minutes away hype!

LMAO oops meant PST
BlueFang24

12-27-2017, 05:32 PM -
(12-27-2017, 05:16 PM)Ostinyo Wrote: LMAO oops meant PST

S A D

E: 2 hours and 26 minutes away HYPE
This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 05:35 PM by BlueFang24.
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-27-2017, 08:04 PM -
hello its 5pm pst p o s t

aka 6pm in arizona
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

12-27-2017, 08:19 PM -
Period 2: Entrance Ceremony Conclusion
Hitojo Yoshiwara made his way towards a suspiciously important looking closed door across the room. As he approached, he was made to stop by an academy employee overlooking the crowd. The employee pointed his finger to the door the had just opened.
“Halt, first years go through the doors there.”
“Hello there, I’m Hitojo Yoshiwara. I was hoping to speak to the upper administration. You know, your superiors?”
“All instructors are through there,” said the employee, nodding towards the opened door. “Go on, you’ll be late.”
Begrudged, Hitojo turned back and followed the rest of the students through the open doors.

John Smith led the pack of new students through the open door. Beyond the door was a passageway that led into a large, dimly lit room. The students stopped as they packed into this room. Some students looked nervous and others excited, talking amongst themselves about what they thought was going to happen at the start of school ceremony and in first year classes.
“I heard we get assigned rankings at the opening ceremony.”
“Did you hear about the kid that blew up all the school toilets last year?”
“I can’t wait to meet the leader of the third years- rumor is she’s a dragon slayer!”
“Dragons still exist?”
These were among some of the things being whispered as the group filed into the room.

A nerdy looking boy with glasses bumped into Hitojo Yoshiwara. “Watch it, nerd!”
“S-sorry” mumbled the boy. He looked up at Hitojo and visibly shrank in fright. “Y-you’re a noble?”
“That’s right, now get out of my way peasant.” Hitojo glared at him menacingly.
“Eeek!” The boy made some strange high-pitched noise before he scuttered out of Hitojo’s sight.

Meanwhile, Kotone Miu figured she would try to make some new friends. “Hi there, I absolutely love your hair.” Kotone spoke to a girl with amazingly straight, golden hair that fell all the way down to her waist.
“Thanks, yours is very pretty too!” The girl smiled warmly to Kotone. “I’m Satori,” she said, holding out her hand.
Kotone shook her hand. “Nice to meet you, the name’s Kotone!”
“A pleasure, Kotone,” said Satori kindly.
Kotone beamed in delight, happy with her first encounter.

↑ Kotone gains 100 EXP in Friendship!
▲ Kotone's Friendship skill leveled up to Level 1!

“Ava Human, Ava Human,” repeated Ava Human, attempting to make some type of communication.
“What is with the weird girl?” A few students around Ava whispered. Some appeared concerned while others chuckled at Ava’s strange behavior.

Suddenly the doors to the room swung closed and the group of first years fell silent. The candles spread throughout the room were extinguished and it became very dark. The outlines of the students were all that was visible. A man’s voice echoed throughout the room: “Welcome to Manoyama Academy!” Some of the students began looking around the room, confused. “Congratulations on your acceptance! Here you will study the nature of magic and the laws that govern it.” As the man spoke, vibrant blue drawings of magic forms began to appear on the walls around the room. One drawing depicted magic being channeled about the body, another showed flames launching from a hand, and another two illustrated magicians fighting with various forms of magic.
“The academy rules are as follows.” At his words the drawings on the walls vanished. “One: Magic is not to be used for combat without teacher approval.” Now crimson red lines sprawled across the walls, forming images to illustrate his words. “Two: Students are not allowed outside of academy grounds without permission. Three: Any forms of dark magic are strictly forbidden and will result in expulsion.” A boy in the crowd snickered. “Manoyama Academy offers two types of certification; a magic license and a degree in magic. After your first year, you will be eligible to take the test for a magic license. By passing this test, you will receive a license recognized by Hotagi and be able to practice magic freely outside this academy.”
“Should you choose to stay at the academy for another two years, you may take the graduation test to receive a degree in magic. A degree will make you eligible for a wide variety of high-class magician jobs, establishing you as a professionally trained magician. Work hard at Manoyama Academy and your efforts will be rewarded.” The beams of light covering the walls converged into the school logo of a triumphant man standing atop a three-peaked mountain. “Please make your way to the entrance ceremony.” The candles in the room were lit once more, and the large double doors at the front of the room opened to reveal the academy grounds.

The students walked through the doors into a courtyard filled with dazzling sunlight. They were shepherded along a stone path covered by an exotic purple plant. At the end of the path many rows of white chairs were set up in front of a massive fountain. Water poured down the side of what appeared to be a bunch of giant crystals reflecting all different colors of light. A number of the students gasped in awe of the magnificent structure. Standing in a large circle around the chairs were hundreds of other students.
"Welcome, first year students! Please, come! Sit down in the center of the circle." A middle-aged man with a sharp, pointed black beard was standing at a lower ledge on the fountain, addressing the crowd. The first year students filed into the rows of chairs. Many were awestruck by the spectacle, and quite a few appeared intimidated. Once all the students had finished filtering into the white chairs, the man gave his address. “It is my privilege to welcome you to Manoyama Academy, your new home! I am Daedrus Foliart, your principal for this school year. Here you will be guided in your study of magic by our instructors, all of whom have exceptional knowledge and skill. Magic is a very dangerous art, and I must therefore ask that you obey all instructors. Failure to do so may not only result in punishment, but also endanger the lives of your fellow classmates. Be warned: I do not tolerate magicians who fail to follow the rules.”
The principal paused for a few seconds, making many of the kids shift around in their chairs uneasily. “That being said, magic is a wonderful tool when used properly. On staff we have ten people who claim mastery in different fields of magic and will guide you to follow in their footsteps. So now, without further ado, allow me to introduce your instructors!” Ten cloaked wizards walked up to the platform from behind the principal. Some were young, looking barely out of school themselves, while others appeared far older than the principal himself. “Each of these instructors will guide you in the study of a different field of magic. Please join me in giving them a warm round of applause.”
Everyone in the courtyard applauded loudly at the principal’s words. The principal held out his hands to quell the cheers and whistling of many of the older students. “Yes, yes.” The principal smiled, approvingly. “I see many of our instructors have developed quite the fan base. Now we will have the opening performance of the academy song from the second and third years.” Some of the first years looked around in confusion.
“Manoyama Academy has a theme song?”
“I’ve never heard anything about it.”
What sounded like a drum began playing a steady rhythm. Soon it was joined in by other instruments- although it was hard to tell what kind of instruments were producing the sounds or where the sounds were playing from. The students arranged in a circle around the first years raised their hands in unison, palms facing the sky. Beams of blue and silver, the colors of Manoyama Academy, shot out from their hands. The light beams met in a spot directly above the first years, exploding into a dazzling display of twinkling lights falling to the ground. At the same time as the explosion of light, the melody of the song began playing. It was an uplifting, catchy tune that made one feel as though the music itself was infused with magic. The lyrics were such:

A man who cared for the whole world, and all inside it,
Did carry on alone.
He set out to find a new way to guide it,
But there was evil on the throne.

And so he used his power, and built a home;
A magic mountain, to fight upon.
But he watched, and watched, and watched,
As the world tore itself apart,
Until he couldn’t take it anymore.

The performance being put on by the upperclassmen could be described as nothing short of spectacular. The group was split in two to manage the magically synthesized music and the light effects separately. Everyone, including the instructors, was singing along to create a great chorus of voices. After a brief reprieve in the lyrics, the song’s tempo transitioned to be faster. The upperclassmen added a constant beat to match the changed tempo, and each beat was accompanied with dazzling flashes of light.

The power he harnessed was greater than
Any that had come before.
His enemies were terrified
They just ran right out the door.
(And with that he ended the war)

Oh Talingar, oh Talingar,
The wisest and greatest of greats.
From this castle of power you made
We pledge to conquer all hate!

Oh Talingar, oh Talingar,
For generations you will inspire.
So long as we stick to the books
Even dreams we can aquire!

When the performance finished, the first year students and instructors applauded in approval. “Very good, very good!” The principal smiled at all the older students. “The music you just heard was made by the magic of the students around you, and if I dare say so myself, they’re quite the talented bunch! With that we conclude the opening ceremony. First years, please follow Instructor Tanaka to your dormitories.” The older students all watched as the first years walked out of the courtyard towards the first year dormitories.

The excited bunch of new students followed Instructor Tanaka across the lawn. There she opened up the large wooden doors, revealing an elegantly furnished room. Once inside, Instructor Tanaka turned around and addressed the crowd. “Listen up! You will each be receiving your class assignment for the year. Please make an orderly line and collect your class’ schedule before making your way to your assigned room!” The students followed her directions and lined up to obtain their class assignment and corresponding schedule. Of the class assignments there was the following:

Class A:
Genghis Khan
Hitojo Yoshiwara
Kotone Miu
Pamira Yamaki
Rin Amiri
Erin Zoruka

Class B:
John Smith
Emelia Will
Akihiko Fujushina
Azuma Tamagi
Mikoto Moriko
Koji Tatsuo
Satori Kimiko
Rana Hayashi
Wanabi Birkov
Moliarth Vespiri
Shingo Vespiri

Class C:
Ray Scott
Ichiro Ito
Ava Human
Sami Jotaro
Nakashima Kiro
Christopher Hogan
Trinick Yamaki

Period 3: Evening
New students were settling into the first year dormitories. As the students greeted their three roommates, the bell rang for the Opening Feast which was held at the start of every year.

Choose your action!
Suggested action: Go to the Opening Feast.
This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 05:17 AM by Ostinyo.
Rocket
Administrator

345 posts 21 threads Joined: Apr 2017
12-27-2017, 08:38 PM -
Ava human does not need to eat cause she is an alien but the rest of her family needs to eat so she steals food from the opening feast and then walks off and goes off to a corner somewhere and studies the wall because she is depressed
"You're mom gay." - Communism, 2017
"Why do we have to read the rules?" - legoson7, 2018
"Why are we still here? Just to shitpost? Every night, I can feel my loneliness… and my memes… even my autism. The friends I’ve never had… the social life I’ve never had… won’t stop hurting…you feel it, too, don’t you?" - Genghis Khan, 2017
"( ͡☭ ͜ʖ ͡☭)" - Skeletal, 24-25 October 1817
"Nigga I am in the past" - The Hoff, 2014
"Last words." - Clockworker, 2017
Clockworker
Administrator

40 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-27-2017, 08:49 PM -
*John Smith saw Kotone make friends*

John Smith then spends the whole opening feast being friendly with the other students in his class. And Hitojo noble guy because he might come in handy.
BlueFang24

12-27-2017, 08:54 PM -
(12-27-2017, 08:19 PM)Ostinyo Wrote: ↑ Kotone gains 100 EXP in Friendship!
▲ Kotone's Friendship skill leveled up to Level 1!

Wow already grinding.
By the way, is there a list of stats we can level up?

(12-27-2017, 08:19 PM)Ostinyo Wrote: Class C:
Ray Scott
Ichiro Ito
Ava Human

Me, an alien and a Padillac. (and some other guys)

OT: Ichiro takes his schedule and class assignment and greets his roommates.  When the bell rings, he hurriedly heads to the feast.  He looks to sit down next to one or more of his roommates to start socializing early.  At the feast, the food is the best he's ever had so he slips some into his pockets to eat later or to send to his mother if he gets the chance.
This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 11:43 AM by BlueFang24. Edit Reason: something something grammar
Communism
Gay

804 posts 34 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-27-2017, 09:04 PM -
kotone continues to try and make friends and also eat at the feast of course
This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 09:04 PM by Communism.
Я женщина.