Manoyama Adventures ◇ Turn 8 on Page 21!
Started by Ostinyo

221 posts in this topic
Ostinyo
Super Admin

383 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-28-2017, 05:59 PM -
Period 3: Evening Conclusion
Kotone had been presently surprised to find that Satori, the girl she had met during the Entrance Ceremony, was one of her three roommates. “What a coincidence, we’re roommates!” Kotone couldn’t help her elation at the prospect of rooming with Satori.
“Let’s have a good year together,” offered Satori with a smile.
“Yes, let’s!” As Kotone spoke, the academy’s bells rang. “Shall we go to the Dining Hall together?”
“Sure, why don’t we all four go?” Satori looked around at the other two girls. One of them, her hair a deep purple color, nodded back in agreement. The other girl made a confused expression.
“Ava Human, Ava Human,” said Ava dejectedly.
“Um- ok,” said Satori, perplexed. “Well let’s go.”
Kotone bobbed her head excitedly. “To the feast!”
The four girls left the room and walked downstairs to head off to the Dining Hall.

Ichiro greeted his new roommates in Room 44 of the first year dormitories. “Hi there, I’m Ichiro.”
“Akihiko.”
“Moliarth.”
“And Shingo.”
“We’re brothers,” Moliarth explained.
“I’m the better one,” winked Shingo. “We’re here to start some shenanigans, what about you guys?”
Akihiko laughed. “Well magic, but shenanigans sound fun.”
“I’m here for the food,” Ichiro admitted timidly. The bells chimed, echoing throughout the academy grounds.
“You’ve come to the right place!” exclaimed Moliarth. “I heard the food here puts top restaurants to shame!”
Ichiro began visibly drooling, then wiped his lip with his sleeve. “I can’t wait, let’s go.” The four roommates headed off to the Dining Hall for the Opening Feast.

Two floors below, John and Hitojo had been hitting things off smoothly.
“I’m John,” said John, beginning the introductions.
“Chris.”
“Hitojo.”
“Trinick.” They each shook hands.
“You’re from the Yoshiwara family?” John inquired of Hitojo.
“Correct, I’m sure you’ve heard of my father’s ventures.”
“Certainly, you’d be hard pressed to find someone unfamiliar with the Bank of Hotagi.”
Hitojo laughed happily. “True, I shouldn’t have bothered asking. Well, it was good meeting you but I must be off to discuss business with some of the instructors.” He nodded to Chris and Trinick before opening the door to leave. But just as he was closing the door behind him, the bells rang for the start of the Opening Feast.
“Well, how about food first?” asked Chris.
“Very well,” Hitojo agreed. He led the group down to the ground floor and out towards the Dining Hall.

Genghis Khan, unamused by his new roommates, attempted to learn the ways of magical smithing. However, he soon realized he had no clue what he was doing. This made him a bit depressed, but he was used to it.

The first year students made their way to the Dining Hall for the Opening Feast. Many eyes boggled as they caught sight of the food being served. There was nearly every kind of meat imaginable, from tri-tip steaks to halibut to duck. The chefs at the academy had also offered a wide variety of vegetarian options, a testament to the popularity of vegetarianism in eastern Hotagi.

Akihiko sat down with his food next to Ichiro, Moliarth, and Shingo.
Ichiro slipped some food into his pockets.
“What are you doing that for?” Moliarth was frowning at Ichiro.
“U-uh, was just hoping to send some home to my mother. She doesn’t have much.”
“Ha!” Shingo laughed. “What kind of world did you grow up in, foraging for food?”
Ichiro forced a smile. “Y-yeah.”
“Here, I’ll help you out since you seem like an idiot,” said Moliarth as he pat Ichiro on the back. “You take a plate and load it up with however much food you want. Then just walk right on out of here, nobody is gonna care. This is Manoyama Academy, there’s a reason we’re all paying to live here.”
“I guess you’re right.”
“You’re damn right I am.” Moliarth nudged his brother’s shoulder. “Look at this guy, trying to sneak food out of here like he’s some sort of genius.” Shingo snickered.
“Well my family doesn’t eat much either,” said Akihiko, who had been watching Ichiro’s exchange with the Vespiri twins transpire. “They barely managed to scrape together enough to send me here.” Ichiro smiled to Akihiko, grateful for his words.

↑ Akihiko gains 100 EXP in Friendship!
▲ Akihiko's Friendship skill leveled up to Level 1!

“Hey hey,” said Shingo. “Enough with the depressing talk. We get it, everyone comes from a life full of crap.”
“Yeah, that’s why we’re here,” Moliarth chimed in. “To take that crap and throw it on everybody else!”
Ichiro and Akihiko laughed and continued eating.

Hitojo led his roommates into the Dining Hall for the Opening Feast. He looked around for the instructors, but they didn’t appear to be there. John was also looking around, although he appeared to be looking through the large group of students.
As they sat down with their plates loaded with food, John asked “Is the Principal not going to make an address?” John appeared to be waiting for some sort of speech.
“I think you’re overestimating Daedrus,” said Chris.
“Daedrus?”
Chris chuckled. “Yup, that’s Principal Foliart’s first name! He’s quite a swooner if you ask me.”
“Well he’s a powerful man, that’s for sure.” Hitojo seemed to like the principal.
“Have you heard the rumors?” Asked Trinick, speaking up for the first time. “Rumor is that Principal Foliart is privy to some secret magic that has been covered up by the monarchy. I’ve heard it makes him essentially untouchable by other magicians.”
Hitojo’s eyes widened a bit. “That sounds very interesting, very interesting indeed. Would you mind telling me what else you know about Principal Foliart and the instructors when we get back to our room?”
“Sure, if you’d like.”

Meanwhile, Kotone and her roommates had sat down with plates full of food. That is, except for the girl with startling purple hair whose name Kotone hadn’t heard yet.
“That’s all you’re going to eat?” asked Kotone, looking at her humble portion.
The girl nodded, making her purple hair appear to sparkle. “I don’t need much.”
“By the way, I haven’t gotten your name,” spoke Satori.
“It’s Rana, Rana Hayashi.”
“Hayashi…” Satori put her finger to her lips and cocked her head. “I think I recognize that name.”
Rana smiled. “Perhaps, my family is closely related to the Quruma family.”
“Oh wow,” said Satori, impressed.
“Quruma?” The name didn’t seem to register for Kotone.
“Ava Human, family.” Without warning, Ava Human stood up and left, her food in hand.
Kotone raised her eyebrows. “What was that, something about family?”
Satori shrugged and continued eating.

Emelia was also sitting with her new roommates for the Opening Feast. She had found her roommates, Pamira, Rin, and Erin, to be a pleasant group of girls.
“I can’t wait for the start of classes,” said Erin.
Emelia grinned at her. “Totally, I’m so excited to finally get to learn magic. What class are you guys in?”
“Class A.”
“Class A.”
“Class A.”
“O-oh.” Emelia’s face had turned downtrodden. “I’m in Class B.”
“Hey, I’m sure Class B will be loads of fun,” said Pamira, trying to cheer her up.
“Y-yeah, but you all seem great. It’ll be a bummer not seeing you in class.”

↑ Emelia gains 100 EXP in Friendship!
▲ Emelia’s Friendship skill leveled up to Level 1!

Pamira smiled at Emelia’s words. “Aw, you’re too nice. I’m sure it would have been lots of fun with you in our class also.”
“Yeah, but at least we’ll still be rooming with you!” Rin offered.
“You’re right, thanks.” Emelia cheered up and continued eating her food.

The students slowly began emptying out of the Dining Hall as they finished eating. The first years all left across the lawn, while the second and third year students headed through the castle to their dormitories upstairs. As he left, Ichiro brought some food back to the dormitories to send to his mother using an empty box he had found.

Monday, Week 1
Season: Fall
There are classes today!

The first years all scrambled out of bed early in the morning. The hallway bathrooms were filled with guys and girls hurriedly brushing their teeth and fixing their hair for the morning. As many new students gathered to chat in the entrance area of the first year dormitories, the bells rang for the start of breakfast in the Dining Hall.

At breakfast in the Dining Hall, the instructors and principal were present. Just a few minutes after students had started digging into their scrambled eggs, sausages, and bacon, Principal Foliart stood up. “Hear me, hear me!” At the Principal's words, the crowd of students quieted down. “I hope you are all ready for the first day of classes.” A cheer went up from the first years, but an audible groan could be heard coming from some of the third years. “Now let’s have no funny business this year. Especially you, third years!” He eyed the third year crowd seated off to his left in the front of the room. “That is all,” he said, before returning to his seat.

Period 1: Class Time
After breakfast, the first year students split off to leave for their first classes. The class schedules dictated the following assignments:

Class A - Illusion
Class B - Transformation
Class C - Restoration

Choose your action!
Suggested action: Go to class.
This post was last modified: 01-04-2018, 02:44 AM by Ostinyo.
BlueFang24

152 posts 4 threads Joined: Jun 2017
12-28-2017, 07:06 PM -
(12-28-2017, 05:59 PM)Ostinyo Wrote: Genghis Khan, unamused by his new roommates, attempted to learn the ways of magical smithing. However, he soon realized he had no clue what he was doing. This made him a bit depressed, but he was used to it.

lmao

OT: Ichiro is very excited to finally be doing what he's always wanted to do. He makes sure to arrive to class on-time; hoping to see some friendly, familiar faces there.
This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 07:23 PM by BlueFang24. Edit Reason: Edit Reason Here
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-28-2017, 08:12 PM -
Hitojo and Akihiko go to class

Akihiko levels up his Persuasion skill. He gotta be like Che Guevara
This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 08:18 PM by The Hoff.
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

383 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-28-2017, 10:49 PM -
(12-28-2017, 08:12 PM)The Hoff Wrote: Akihiko levels up his Persuasion skill. He gotta be like Che Guevara

lol nice try
The Hoff

12-28-2017, 11:20 PM -
(12-28-2017, 10:49 PM)Ostinyo Wrote: lol nice try

fuck

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Skeletal¹²³™

538 posts 16 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-29-2017, 02:24 AM -
Emelia goes to class
This post was last modified: 12-29-2017, 03:20 AM by Skeletal¹²³™.
Thank you for understanding why we did this and we hope to see all of you following the rules to keep this place a very safe environment.
-Gauche
Clockworker
Administrator

40 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-29-2017, 02:49 AM -
John Smith goes to class and makes friends with the teacher but still stays under the teacher’s pet/suck up level (mwahaha friendship=better grades)
The Genghis Khan
Shitposter

697 posts 48 threads Joined: Jan 2017
12-29-2017, 07:59 AM -
guess i'll become a necromancer instead
lets learn restoration
maybe actually learn how to magically smite if i can manage it
hi there
The Hoff

12-29-2017, 01:58 PM -
but actually wait a fucking second

Hitojo asks John about the rumor of "secret magic" that the principal is exposed to.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
BlueFang24

152 posts 4 threads Joined: Jun 2017
12-29-2017, 02:02 PM -
(12-29-2017, 01:58 PM)The Hoff Wrote: but actually wait a fucking second

Hitojo asks John about the rumor of "secret magic" that the principal is exposed to.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.