What if
Started by The Hoff

2 posts in this topic
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
04-05-2018, 09:46 PM -
Considering Crown is also a mod/admin (although an inactive one) on a GMod DarkRP server (fun fact: the owner of that server is a "Forum Administrator" here) which even a lot of Blocklanders (niblic, me, queeba) play, he could possibly utilize these connections to both Blocklanders with GMod and GMod players to promote a recreation of this gamemode in GMod (yea yea i know JB was originally a Gmod thing), down to the very little details that makes Blockland Jailbreak stand out from its Gmod counterparts (gameplay mechanics such as the warden centerPrint and beep on Message that make voice chat not necessary for warden in BL Jailbreak compared to GMod Jailbreak)
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.
Ostinyo
Super Admin

383 posts 22 threads Joined: Jan 2017
04-06-2018, 01:48 PM -
And what would be the point of this? The GMod version is different because GMod is different and offers voice chat etc. And why bother with all that when the BL version is already finished?
Crown
<><

144 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2017
04-06-2018, 04:59 PM -
Jailbreak is based off of a gmod server called LifePunch. It is very well made, all their GUIs and features are polished and nicely done. You can even see that their servers are quite dead and for a long time Blockland Jailbreak held more players than LifePunch did.

So with all that in mind, I don't really want to spend my time learning Lua to make a gamemode in Gmod that people won't really play.