The Vigilante [I got bored so its over]
Started by The Hoff

195 posts in this topic
The Hoff

896 posts 45 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-23-2017, 09:34 PM -
This is a non-linear mystery game, as in any decision can completely make one or some potential plotline(s) impossible. 

As someone that was caught in the middle of a college shooting/bombing, you must figure out everything behind it, who survived, what happened, who did it, and make sure that the perpetrators will face a fate as bad as their crimes AT YOUR HANDS.

Gamemode Modifiers: (You can only pick one of each underlined setting)
Difficulty:
Easy - You won't have a hard time fighting your enemies, who are weak as fuck usually, and never heard of tactics ever. Interpreting and understanding the mystery will be a piece of cake.
Medium - You will get a fair challenge with your enemies. The mystery may be a little bit difficult to understand.
Hard - You will need some army training, since your enemies will know what the hell to do in battle to outplay you. They understand tactics pretty well. You will most likely need professional help in solving the case with your own hands.

Resistance to Commands:
I am a man of honor - Joke or suicidal commands (example: masturbate infront of your teacher OR punch a SWAT officer with an AA-12 shotgun in the balls) will be ignored.
lol i am autistic - Joke or suicidal commands will not be ignored.

RNG Mechanics: (This will be further explained when picked)
Dungeons and Dragons - You will roll a d20 for most interactions (think charisma checks or dexterity checks).
Die to the Dice, or not. - You will roll a 6-sided dice for ONLY combat interactions. (no charisma checks or dexterity checks)
RNGesus is dead. - RNG is practically non-existent, so reality will more likely take course, especially in combat. Hence, say if you are trying to punch a guy with an AK-47 to death, with no surprise or special tactics, expect to be killed instead of rolling a dice for a miracle K.O.

Skill Mechanics: (This will be further explained when picked)
Kill For Skill - There will be skillsets for you to work with (ex: an "explosives" skillset, a "melee" skillset, a "medical" skillset, etc.)
OMG STOP PICKING TORBJORN YOU NOOB - No skillsets for you to work with.

Enemy Information:
Personne n'chappe mon regard - See basic AND advanced stats for enemies, like his entire inventory, his skill stats (if Kill for Skill) is picked, what armor he has, his ammo, etc.
What's that in your pocket? - See only basic stats for enemies, such as his health, his current weapon, etc.

Respawn mechanics:
MOMMY I LOST MY DOLL - When you die, you have to restart from a checkpoint. Anything that happened to you after that checkpoint is non-canon unless you do it again, and any gear you had after the checkpoint is lost.
I have the weirdest deja vu! - When you die, you restart the exact moment before your death. You do not lose anything and nothing besides your death is made non-canon. 

Combat Priorities
Take one for the team! - Enemy attacks will be mostly focused on you instead of your allies (if any).
I do not care for my underlings. - Enemy attacks will be mostly focused on your allies (if any). If no allies, than you will take the hit.
KILL THEM ALL! - Enemy attacks will be focus equally throughout you and your allies (if any).

Flashbacks
TIME PARADOX - Have somewhat interact-able flashbacks (you can do anything in the flashbacks, however I will decide the end of the flashback no matter what choices the forumers make during the flashback.)
Never Forget 9/11 - Have non-interact-able flashbacks (you can not do anything with the flashbacks.)
Hangover, all the time- Don't have flashbacks.

Information Tactics
This is a multiple-choice test - A couple of options will be given to you. You do not have to pick any of those listed options, they are more like suggestions/hints.
What the fuck do I do with this shit - No suggestions/hints will be given to you in the form of listed options, figure out how to solve the crisis yourselves.

MODIFIERS THAT WERE ADDED LATER:
New modifier: Backup Points - Ever feel like the current situation is too harsh and unfavorable?
We must go back! - Users can set their own backup point ONLY AFTER ALL PLAYABLE CHARACTERS ARE DEAD.
Lives Left - Only The Hoff can decide a backup point, and he may not offer one at every death.
It's too late - No backup points allowed.

Foreign Language Conversations:
Boy are you talking shit about me in Bantu? - Every conversation in a foreign language gets translated, and you can act on them.
What are they saying, dude? - Conversations in a foreign language can only be translated if a playable character that knows the language well is present (for example, if Jarret is around and some guy says something in Russian, that thing will be translated since Jarret is good at Russian. This is not the case when Jarret isn't around). You can only act on them if they can actually be translated. If you act on them when not translated, the act will be ignored.

Pick ONLY one option from each modifier category. The most picked options will be used, and the game will begin and go straight to the Prologue.

The Index of Contents:
Prologue - A Day In Infamy
Intermission 1 - Home Without a Scratch / Chapter 1 - the Aftermath
Chapter 2 - Interrogation
Chapter 3 - The Traitor and the Brothel
Chapter 3.5 - Good Night?
Chapter 4 - A Band of Defendents
Chapter 5 - Ransom

[b]
Previous Playthroughs:
SapphireServers (the host of the Medieval RP)
This post was last modified: 06-24-2017, 03:27 PM by The Hoff. Edit Reason: added the two modifers created in Chapter 3 and also scrapped achievements
BL_ID: 42057

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
1. too much references to stuff close IRL friends or family will understand.
2. shit writing
3. a few things in CB prob put me on a list

So yeah.
Skeletal¹²³™

538 posts 16 threads Joined: Jan 2017
01-24-2017, 04:15 PM -
I'll choose

Difficulty : Hard
Resistance to Commands : lol i am autistic
RNG Mechanics : RNGesus is dead.
Skill Mechanics : OMG STOP PICKING TORBJORN YOU NOOB
Enemy Information : What's that in your pocket?
Respawn mechanics : I have the weirdest deja vu!
Combat Priorities : KILL THEM ALL!
Flashbacks : TIME PARADOX
Information Tactics : This is a multiple-choice test

Hope this starts as soon as possible!
Thank you for understanding why we did this and we hope to see all of you following the rules to keep this place a very safe environment.
-Gauche
The Hoff

01-24-2017, 07:30 PM -
(01-24-2017, 04:15 PM)Skeletal¹²³™ Wrote: I'll choose

Difficulty : Hard
Resistance to Commands : lol i am autistic
RNG Mechanics : RNGesus is dead.
Skill Mechanics : OMG STOP PICKING TORBJORN YOU NOOB
Enemy Information : What's that in your pocket?
Respawn mechanics : I have the weirdest deja vu!
Combat Priorities : KILL THEM ALL!
Flashbacks : TIME PARADOX
Information Tactics : This is a multiple-choice test

Hope this starts as soon as possible!

I will roll with that. 

[size=undefined]Gamemode Modifiers Have Been Set:[/size]
Hard - You will need some army training, since your enemies will know what the hell to do in battle to outplay you. They understand tactics pretty well. You will most likely need professional help in solving the case with your own hands.
lol i am autistic - Joke or suicidal commands will not be ignored.
RNGesus is dead -  RNG is practically non-existent, so reality will more likely take course, especially in combat. Hence, say if you are trying to punch a guy with an AK-47 to death, with no surprise or special tactics, expect to be killed instead of rolling a dice for a miracle K.O.
OMG STOP PICKING TORBJORN YOU NOOB - No skillsets for you to work with.
What's that in your pocket? - See only basic stats for enemies, such as his health, his current weapon, etc.
I have the weirdest deja vu! - When you die, you restart the exact moment before your death. You do not lose anything and nothing besides your death is made non-canon. 
This is a multiple-choice test - A couple of options will be given to you. You do not have to pick any of those listed options, they are suggestions/hints.
KILL THEM ALL! - Enemy attacks will be focus equally throughout you and your allies (if any).
TIME PARADOX - Have somewhat interact-able flashbacks (you can do anything in the flashbacks, however I will decide the end of the flashback no matter what choices the forumers make during the flashback.)

[tt]Welcome to Brighton Beach University, Brooklyn, New York.
NAME: Aaron Garfield
LEVEL: Junior
SEX: M
ASSIGNED DORM: 613 (13th Room on the 6th Floor)[/tt]

Prologue: Day of Infamy

You step into the laboratory that your anatomy class takes place in. There is an experiment to be done. You garrison your lab group.

In the middle of the lab, the lockdown alarm goes off.

P.A: This is not a drill! We repeat, thi-

You hear a plethora of gunshots and explosions being played to the laboratory through the PA speaker. You also hear a lot of shouting from some thick-accented voice in the P.A. You can not pinpoint the accent to any country yet.

Achievement Unlocked: Lockdown Drill!

Your lab partners hide under the tables.

A. Hide and pray for dear God.
B. Find some items that can be used as weapons or distractions.
C. Run out of the classroom.
D. Other (Please post what it is.)

You:
[Image: US75qqA.png]

Condition: Healthy
Date and time: August 24th, 2016|1:37 P.M.
Inventory: 
- Sharpened pencil
- Blue pen
Danger Levels: Gunmen in campus. You do not know where in the campus they are, and they have yet to find you.

Mandatory Immediate Objectives:
- Survive the shooting by any means.

Optional Immediate Objectives:
- Save as many people as possible.
- Get rid of the shooters, by death or by making them unable to carry out their plans.

Long-run Objectives:

Action queue:

QUICK EDIT: Updates will not be frequent on weekdays.

hello. if you happened to come back to this dead forum to re-read my forum games, i.e. The Vigilante, Infinity Tower, Criminal Business (for nostalgia?), you are out of luck. I saved each game to my computer in PDF form. Needless to say, these forum games are probably deleted. However, if you pm me on Discord (Oh shit, he#4107), I might be able to give them to you.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Skeletal¹²³™

01-25-2017, 08:43 AM -
Find some items that can be used as weapons/distractions then hide.

Hope this gets updated As Soon As Possible!
Thank you for understanding why we did this and we hope to see all of you following the rules to keep this place a very safe environment.
-Gauche
The Hoff

01-25-2017, 05:42 PM -
(01-25-2017, 08:43 AM)Skeletal¹²³™ Wrote: Find some items that can be used as weapons/distractions then hide.

While everyone else is cowering and hiding in fear, you look for something that can hurt. The most obvious things that come to mind are the wooden blocks used with test dividers, sharp objects like scalpels, scissors, and plastic knives, and a flashlight.

Inventory Item Added: AA-Battery Flashlight (so bright it can blind people, or just use it as a blunt weapon a la DOOM 3.)
Inventory Item Added: Scalpel (its like a knife, but its only for dissecting animals. This time around, you will be dissecting school college shooters)
Inventory Item Added: Scissors (Don't run with scissors, but you may as well.)
Inventory Item Added: Wooden Block [x10] (Stone those damn shooters like unfaithful Muslim women.)

And then you cower and hide in fear.....

It didn't take long for the shooters to break your classroom door down. You think it was with a C4, but it may as well be, since you see a gutted body next to the door.

Alive Classmates (Including You): 15/16

The shooters did not gun down anyone immediately, but first, they yelled.

"GDE AARONA?"

You were initally dumbfounded on what the fuck were they talking about.

"WHERE IS AARON?"

You are uncertain for if they are calling you specifically to execute you on the spot, or to spare you and tell you to fuck off....

NOTE: You can pick multiple choices. This also applies to C's subchoices. (EX: Ce and D)
A. Stand up peacefully
B. Stay put
C. Start attacking
  • Ca. Throw a wooden brick for one of their bodies.
  • Cb. Throw a wooden brick for one of their heads.
  • Cc. Stab with scalpel
  • Cd. Stab with scissors
  • Ce. Blind with flashlight
  • Cf. Knock them out
D. Attempt to escape
E. Other

Going to add stats later

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Skeletal¹²³™

01-26-2017, 09:25 AM -
A. Stand up peacefully (yes i know it's dumb but i'll try)
-Gauche
The Hoff

01-26-2017, 05:24 PM -
(01-26-2017, 09:25 AM)Skeletal¹²³™ Wrote: A. Stand up peacefully (yes i know it's dumb but i'll try)

You slowly and reluctantly crawl out of the area under your lab table and was immediately shot.

DEATH 1: Oh come on, how was I supposed to know their intentions?

NOTE: You can pick multiple choices. This also applies to C's subchoices. (EX: Ce and D)
A. Stand up peacefully
B. Stay put
C. Start attacking

• Ca. Throw a wooden brick for one of their bodies.

• Cb. Throw a wooden brick for one of their heads.

• Cc. Stab with scalpel

• Cd. Stab with scissors

• Ce. Blind with flashlight

• Cf. Knock them out
D. Attempt to escape
E. Other

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Skeletal¹²³™

01-27-2017, 02:23 PM -
Fuck this, blind them and stab them with scissors and nominate yourself the national hero
This post was last modified: 01-27-2017, 02:24 PM by Skeletal¹²³™.
-Gauche
The Hoff

01-27-2017, 08:09 PM -
(01-27-2017, 02:23 PM)Skeletal¹²³™ Wrote: Fuck this, blind them and stab them with scissors and nominate yourself the national hero

School Shooter 1's hawkish watch is disrupted as he begins combat!

[Image: WRea3xR.png]

[b]School Shooter of unknown affiliation 1[/b]
Health: 100/100
Armor: 100/100
Equipped: Remington 870 Shotgun (ammo unknown)
Inventory:
- Silenced Glock 18 (ammo unknown)
- Machette
- Frag Grenade
- Small Medkit (uses left unknown)

You show the shooter the light that shines over the Undersea by blinding him with the flashlight, then proceed to slash his neck using the scissors. 

School Shooter 1 drops to the ground choking on blood.
Achievement Unlocked: School Shooter Shooter

A. Loot his body
  • Aa. Steal just his weapons.
  • Ab. Steal all his items.
  • Ac. Disguise as him
B. Run
C. Holdout for more shooters
  • Ca. get to a defensive position
  • Cb. hide
D. Check his body for clues
E. Other

[quote pid='321' dateline='1485304210']
You:
[Image: US75qqA.png]

Condition: Healthy
Date and time: August 24th, 2016|1:44 P.M.
Equipped: 
-
Flashlight (91% power left)
- Scissors
Inventory: 
- Sharpened pencil
- Blue pen
- Flashlight
- Scalpel
- 10 Wooden Blocks
Danger Levels: Gunmen in campus. You do not know where in the campus they are, and they have yet to find you.
Gunmen may have heard commotion in your room. You should probably run before they send in bigger guns.

Mandatory Immediate Objectives:
- Survive the shooting by any means.

Optional Immediate Objectives:
- Save as many people as possible.
- Get rid of the shooters, by death or by making them unable to carry out their plans.

Long-run Objectives:

Action queue:

QUICK EDIT: Updates will not be frequent on weekdays.
This post was last modified: 01-28-2017, 12:06 PM by The Hoff.

Why?
2. shit writing

So yeah.
Skeletal¹²³™

01-28-2017, 09:09 AM -
Steal all of his weapons and run
-Gauche